Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New rod adcice
My take is different that everyone elses, so take it for what it is worth.

Keep fishing what you have. Put the money you have NOW in a mad money account and save some more. Then go buy what you really want. Don't compromise. in the end, you will still want that Super Wizz Banger rod anyway. And you will be Saddled with two mid quality back up rods.
[signature]
[quote mischievous]My take is different that everyone elses, so take it for what it is worth.

Keep fishing what you have. Put the money you have NOW in a mad money account and save some more. Then go buy what you really want. Don't compromise. in the end, you will still want that Super Wizz Banger rod anyway. And you will be Saddled with two mid quality back up rods.[/quote]
And hopefully, you won't spend your money on the "ONE", and look to the BIIIX for a Super Wizz Banger.[angelic]
[signature]
And I feel there are some inexpensive rods like the ALLEN's AST that is unlike others. I love the action, but I also love my BIIx and Helios . Just different.
You could also have a nice quiver full of well built Asian to cover all spectrums then add the Wizz Banger to fine tune if that is where you end up.
[signature]
Yup it;s a sickness. That much is for sure. I just ordered a new two hander, and will order another when the One is made available. That makes for 10, I think. Is it bad that I am not sure??
[signature]
Temple Fork Outfitters BVK, 9 ft 5 wt 4 piece. $225. I swear I fished this same rod before, but it said "SAGE" on it and cost twice as much. Beautiful rod. Lifetime warranty. Unbeatable. [Wink]

http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/product...eries.html
[signature]
Nice and light too! In the same price range and light weight is Greys/Hardy

http://www.streamsideflyfishing.com/grxf2stflyro.html

This is a wonderful stick, but I like the AST more and more. I need to get one in a 4 weight though
[signature]
Thanks all for the great info, it has been really helpful. Making a final decision this week but leaning on either an Allen or Templefork. Will let you know what happens.
[signature]
Good choices! I started selling Temple fork rods in my store before anyone had heard of them,In all the years I sold them they were awsome people to deal with.
[signature]
Ok so I have been to a couple shops and really like the sage flight. Any thoughts on that rod? They r a little more than I was planning on spending but it felt good.
[signature]
Popular rod, but I thought they discontinued that line.[crazy]

If you are looking in that price range, I will add Orvis Clearwater.
[signature]
Great rod but at 350.00 in my opinion think its over priced did you try the Redington Torrent or even Voyent ?

At the price point Id be looking at getting a Scott A4, Sage VT2 or even get Sage's legendary Z-Axis for 50 bucks more - 399.00

but its all relative you got to buy what feels good to you. [cool]
[signature]
Again good rod but sounds a bit overpriced. Orvis Access a step up from the Clearwater just went on sale for $300 today. You can get an additional 20% off dropping that to $ 240 if you donate an old rod to a kids program they're sponsoring.
The Access will drop more than an ounce off the 3 7/16 oz weight of the Flight ( my 9 wt clearwater is just barely heavier than that) and comes with a 25 year warranty to repair or replace for any reason. Also money back guarantee so if you don't like it they'll refund the price at your request during that 25 years. Orvis does stand up to their warranty. They replaced a lost section once ( don't ask how I lost it[pirate]) and gave me a full refund once when after 2 years a rod didn't live up to my full expectations.
[signature]
Well after changing my mind about 20 times I pulled the trigger on the orvis access. Can't wait to use it. Thanks everyone for the help.
[signature]
you wont be disappointed. i have it in the 8 and 9 weight, both 10 and 9 feet long respectivly. the rods can take any abuse i dish out and have the power to put the hurting on musky and wiper.
[signature]