Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ice fishing heaters
Hey, with the frozen water season coming up, I would like to know if anyone has been using one of the new "Little Joe" heaters out on the ice?

These sre the ones that cost about $85. Are they worth the money, do they keep your shelter wam enough for your tastes, and are you happy with thesr performance?

Northern Mi. offers up some fine wintertime ice, we need to get out there and use it.
[signature]
to be honest when I was using a shanty my colman fuel lantern double bulb created enough heat to keep me confortable.

I have not seen the little joe yet.

out on the open lake I have used mr heater manufactured by mr heater co. with 15000 btu's I can roast a dowg on a stick for lunch just by holding it in front of the burner.[Wink]

if you deside to get one and no one else replies to this I would like to know how well it works. I might be intrested as well for my deer tent.
I've seen them but haven't used one. Maybe we can get one for testing like so many other great products have had the opportunity to do.
[signature]
I do believe I have a Christmas present idea with this little heater. Thanks for your input. If I do proceed I'll let you know the results. Another month or so I'm sure there will be frozen water around here.
[signature]
i have a coleman powercat and its awsome even has a fan in it, can use it at home for emergency heat has catilitic convertor
[signature]
i haven't used a heater wile ice fishing , although i do have an old coleman dome wick type heater . for the deer blind i use a maxwell tp heater .

small maxwellhouse coffee can , one roll of t.p. and fill it with rubbing alcohol . keep it away from anything flamable ! no oders and plenty of heat to warm your bones !
[signature]