Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deep sea trip to Atlantic
[cool][cool][cool]This past Sunday the 19th of October myself and two good friends headed out from Albany NY to Hampton Beach NH at 3Am for a three hour ride to the Atlantic. We were booked for Al Gauron fishing charters (Party boat). A two hour boat ride took us to Jeffries ledge. The capt. started out with a drift patern over 250 feet of water. On my first drop using a bait rig with clams on, I instantly hooked up with a nice keeper haddock. The wind came up some and started to show us white caps so the capt. decided to set the anchor. That was a mistake because now the dog fish ( small sharks) where waiting and took over. The next five fish I caught where all dog fish. Then luck was with us and the wind calmed down just as fast as it came up so it was off to fish the drift again. What a difference that made the dog fish just don't have a chance to gang up on your bait. We proceeded to fill our 100 quart cooler with some nice haddock cod and cusk. We fished the drift for the rest of the day. We all have some nice fillets for some winter feasts or until ice fishing begins. I got out on two deep sea trips this year and both time the fishing was good not like the good old days when you could fill the boat but it is still worth the trip over. Now to make my posts to the ultimate fishing contest. If you want to see some nice cod and haddock take a look at page 8. Chief.
[signature]
cool , will do !
[signature]