Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead (North end) 6-08-12
Been a while since we have been out. Skipped Memorial and had to work last weekend plus it was windy. Didn't get to get the full day in like we like to. The winds went from zero to get off the water now stage in less than 15 minutes around noon time. Still got 6-7 hours in or nearly windless weather so got enough in to make the drive worth it. Didn't take too many pictures since we were too busy catching fish [Wink] Heck didn't even get to lunch till we bailed out of there.

Anyways went out there with the mindset to get on the Stripers that first magical hour as the sun works it's way up so we could toss some in the smoker tomorrow. We got on a silly sized school right off the bat but didn't get on them like we should of. Got 6 before it mellowed out. (I wanted 8 or so). Then off to chase the smallies since the area I was in we have been doing very well on the smallies and we both like catching them. Ending up with 13 smallies and 6 Large mouths plus the Stripers before we headed of the ramp at noon.

One really nice smallie (just a hair shy of 3lbs) and everything else was the usual 1.5-2 pounder or so. Some of the LMB were getting close to 2.5lbs I guess. Didn't toss any on a scale.

[Image: LakeMead_06-08-12_005.jpg]
[signature]
News I've been waiting for.. Guess it's get up early time and see if there is surface striper bite over in Las Vegas Wash. There should be.

thanks for the report. .
[signature]
I also seen a whole lot of what appeared to be good sized Threadfins running about where I ran into that bunch of Stripers. We had just started to give up on the Stripers/switch over to bass and I tossed a spinnerbait a couple times up to the shore line and they were following it like it was a parent. Made me wish I didn't have our throw net so buried in one of the lockers.
[signature]