Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not cool!!!!!!
so sunday morning {yesterday] i got up at about 6 am like i always do since im on an early schedule cause of work and started brewing a pot of coffee. sat there for about 15 minutes and finally my dad was getting out of bed and he was saying something like lets go fishing somewhere this morning. so we talked it over for about 20 minutes over a cup of joe and decided to do a little fly flingin on the weeb. started getting some clothes together with my vest and for some reason i could not seem to find my fly rod. i looked all over the house and out on my patio where i thought i put it with no luck. so i went inside and asked my dad if he had put it away in the case or something and he said the last time he saw it was saturday night on the back balcony at like 10 pm before he went to bed.
So i came to the conclusions that my rod was ripped off that night before,[mad] man that really makes me mad cuase now i only have one fly rod and i had a really expensive ross reel on it that cost more than the rod. My question is who steals a mans fishing pole off there back balcony, do people have no respect for what other people have to work for in life, i work 2 jobs 5 days a week and a make enough money to support myself and fish on the weekends. so i saved up all this money for the reel and rod and somebody 2 weeks later has the nerve to walk on my proprety when im sleeping, LOWLIVES!!!!!!!!![mad] and also i know i shouldnt be leaving my fly rod outside on my balcony but someone would have had to walked in my back yard to see it. BS im my book.

Has that ever happend to anybody on the forum cause its the second time its happened, the first time was when i was 15 and somebody broke into our garge and stole all of my spinning rods and 2 sage fly rods from my dad. i guess i got to keep a better eye on my stuff, even though i shouldnt have to. thanks guys

tightlines
[signature]
That's a bummer, man.

As an early teen, I vacationed out to Utah and had my new, paid-for-myself as a 13 year old Berkely Cherrywood flyrod. I left it on a table somewhere we'd been fishing. When I realized what had happened, we drove back (not even 30 minutes) to the spot. Long gone. Opportunists everywhere...
[signature]
Sorry, takes you faith in humanity down a big notch. You are a better man than who ever took it, you want to pay you way in life, not always looking to get something for nothing. Sorry again.

When I was a kid, my grandfather took me to Smith and Moorehouse, and we bait fished for planters, and he had one planter on the stinger for the day, we sent to the car for a moment, and came back someone had taken off the stringer the fish, that is low low. left the stringer. If someone need a fish that bad I would have given them one. From a kid and his grandpa, wow how low. Not the always the price. I remember 50 years later.
[signature]
That really sucks. I hope someone finds the scumbag who did it. Odds are you probably know who did it because it's not like just anyone would go wandering through a strangers back yard. My son had his bike stolen out of our back yard a couple of years ago. It was found in the garage of one of our adult neighbors along with several other bikes from the area.

I ran into a couple of kids (about 11-12 yrs old) on Saturday over at Salem Pond who had their fishing rods stolen on Friday. The were just finishing up fishing and were getting ready to head home. They leaned their rods up against the fence outside the restrooms to run inside and see a man about a horse. When they came back out less than a minute later, the poles were both gone.

I've seen them fishing there before and the rods weren't anything to write home about, but I remember how important my cheap fishing rod was to me at that age.

I almost donated my wife's fishing pole to them, but one of them said that his dad was taking them later that day to get new ones.

I had my favorite pole stolen when I was 15 and I left it in a truck on my uncles farm. The truck broke down on my dads property and it was before the days of cell phones. I walked into town and picked up my dads truck to run back out. The pole and my tackle-box (very well stocked for a 15-year-old) were both gone. The tackle box turned up on the side of the road a couple of days later, but it was totally empty and the rod was never found.

Matt
[signature]
That sucks man! Nothing makes me more Angry than people stealing my stuff... I lost my cd collection I started when I was 10 to who broke into my car. I have a sage rod that my uncle and I wrapped together and I am super paranoid about someone stealing it so all my stuff goes in the house with me. Nothing is left in the garage because these days you just can't trust anyone which Is Sad. Sorry man... I hope You can replace that rod soon.
[signature]
thanks guys, im just grateful that is wasnt my orvis rod cause then i really would have been pissed!!!! NEVER STEAL A MAN FISHING POLE.

tightlines
[signature]
I lived in Cali for most of my life. Anything left unlocked or in view was at risk. And even those things locked up and hidden still got stolen.

I would have never of thought of leaving my truck door unlocked anywhere or anytime while I lived there. In Utah, I take this for granted a little more, but there are thieves here just like in Cali.

That sucks about the fishing stuff.
[signature]
That sucks I feel for you... Your backyard should be considered a safezone but the reality of it is, these degenerates who steal, nothing is off limits to them.

I had a similar situation, the evening before I packed up the suv for a camping trip. Packed up the tent, sleeping bags, fishing rods,float tube ect ect . took everything else like the car stero, speakers, ect inside. I was thinking who would steal camping gear [pirate][pirate][pirate]

Woke up nice and early got the fams up and was ready to hit the road. Went outside to see shatter window glass all over the drive way, the jack wagons stole my float tube and and some gear, not to mention breaking out my window. [unimpressed][pirate][mad]

On a side note maybe your home owners insurance will cover it ....
[signature]
I covered shifts for my dad at Angler's Inn when I was in high school one week, and instead of paying me cash, he LOADED a fly box for me with easily over 200 flies. I used yo leave my rod, vest and wading boots in my car because I fished almost every day.
Wouldn't you know, someone breaks the lock on my car, steals my vest with the three fly boxes, my reel with new 444 laser line, all the other crap you keep in a vest, about 250 cds and my backpack.
The last time I left anything of value in my car, but not the last time my vehicle has been broken into!

Sounds like you might live in an apartment? Maybe talk to your apartment manager....
[signature]
i have a general idea of who it was and i have let my landlord know and he still hasnt returned our calls, but im on my way into a home this month, finally!!!!!!!! the neighbors above me party all night every night until the sun comes out and i havnt got a good nights sleeps in about a month even thought weve told her several times. and like i said im pretty sure who it was and i know if i confronted him about it they would deny it and blow up on me, but im not 100 percent sure.

tightlines
[signature]
when I was fishing the weber once I had left my spinning rod on the opposite bank and was fishing the other side. a group came to where my rod was and started using worms which I think is illegal on the middle weeb? and then didn't catch anything but when they left I scrambled over to grab my rod and it was gone. so I chased them down and got to the car and I asked if they picked up my rod and they said yeah we did in a disappointed time. I looked at it and it had a sinker and worm hook on it and no rapala. they said it had broke.... ya I didn't believe them but I didn't fight it. still pissed me off that they had purposely known it was mine and tried to get away with it...
[signature]
I recommend knocking on the doors of all your neighbors, especially the ones who can see into your back yard. Politely explain what happened and let them know any information will be well appreciated and kept confidential if necessary.

It may turn out you have a great neighbor with a kid going through a bad phase. If you're lucky you'll have a rod and reel delivered back to you along with a committment to mow your lawn for the entire summer as recompense.
[signature]
i know how you feel man, when i was maybe 13yrs old my dad worked 6 days a week so we hadn't fished in months. one night he called home and said were hittin the berry in the morning get the boat and our stuff ready to go, ill be home in the morning and we'll hook up and go. so i got our 16ish foot aluminum boat, with some help from my brother we pulled it out front of our house loaded every bit of fishing stuff we had (we didnt have much as kids but when it came to fishing my dad didnt mess around, we had top of the line fishing stuff).........my dad wakes me up the next morning and someone had stole our boat and all the stuff in it...........to this day we still stop at every aluminum boat we see hoping to see our old boat.
[signature]
Yup... I grew up in So Cal too, and if you wanted to keep it, you'd better lock it up, because if you didn't (and sometimes even if you did), it was gone. Hell, one time I had someone steal one of the plastic dumps to drain you oil into when changing out the oil on your vehicle. It was even full of used oil and some dirtbag took it! At the time they cost like $6 at Walmart. 5% of the people cause 95% of the problems [mad] Fred K.
[signature]
Saw an article in the SL trib yesterday (http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/541037...csp?page=2) and their were over 3400 car breakins in 2011. The map online doesn't show it but the printed map had each breakin marked. Nowhere in SLC was immune. Everybody lived within about a block or less of a breakin that year. And that's just the reported ones. So don't keep anything in your car either. If it wasn't a neighbor maybe someone looking at cars saw it and thought nice a score without breaking a car window. Ladders are another favorite target to be stolen.
Since you're moving into a home consider getting a dog or 2. Mine goes berserk at any hour of the day if anyone is on our property. Once my mother in law watched my son for a few days. On return she said everything went fine but Sam ( son) left the back window down one night and the change out of your car was stolen. She then said and one night the dogs went crazy barking. I said yes they were trying to tell you someone was getting into the car. Besides it's fun to see how fast a 250 -300 lb guy can run off your property when up to no good and you let loose the hounds. Save the gun for when they break into your house but with the dogs probable will never need it. I swear they bigger the guy around here the more scared they are of dogs.
[signature]
Went to Smith Moorehouse many years ago in my fathers rubber raft, really nice set up, and put it and poles on the bank, ran to a quick bathroom break, and came back and some jerks during elk hunt had stolen my raft, poles tackle box and every thing. Put a serious damper on family outing. I have never gone back to that water. Hard to deal with jerks in the woods.
[signature]
Thieves suck! I lost a light adapter for my boat trailer while parked in the lot at Lucerne. I have the best alarm you can put on a vehicle which will have someone looking down the barrel of a 12 GA if they break into it. My phone goes off and lets me know what is being broken into. Sad that it is neccesary to have to put that on there.
[signature]
a dog is in the plan for sure i am thinking of getting 2 either a Redbone coonhound, a black and tan coonhound or a blue tick, i dont think any one would stick around after they howell at em. and also the duplex type environment is just kind of a shady conmplex, lots of people that dont work and smoke outside all day and they look like they are on drugs so they will steal or do anything to get there fix.

tightlines
[signature]
Definitely not cool! I always leave my rods in te back hen I run into the gas station or a store just to grab some bait or some flies or something since I have a single can truck with all my gear but I'll never do that again even if it's 5 minutes

One time when I was in te store to grab food for golfing we had our golf cart on our trailer and we were in the store for 10 minutes we came back out an someone took the cart off the trailer and drive off. Lucky the cops caught them 3 minutes away down the road since it goes 10mph haha... Dumb [#000050]dumbs[/#000050]...

I don't have a problem with them stealing it out of my house though. I bring all my Ross into my room with me every night I go out fishin
Ya those days gota suck. I have a 4 piece rod and some times just forget one piece of my rod its a trip back to the house and someone else moves it in a different spot. Please just need to respect others people fishing stuff. So far when i go to ponds and quickly go to the restroom im happy no one steals any of my stuff lucky so far.
[signature]