Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going for the Gold
Not directed toward you, Liprippa -

First of all, BG1 was featured on the show under the impression that lake names would not be thrown around the way they were.

Secondly, he has a point. Sure, anyone that looks up record catches can see where they came from. It's a little bit of research, but that is enough to keep the lazy people from finding it. The lazy ones are the ones that leave a trail of garbage wherever they go.

Posting the name, location, and what to expect, only takes away any research needed.

Those are the people that don't need to be up there. Lazy people. Litterbugs. Takers.

Yes there is obviously a reproducing population in the lake, but their very existence hangs by a thread, fighting for any food that the mass of brookies hasn't eaten yet. Considering all the variables, it's one of the most sensitive waters in the state, in my opinion, MOSTLY because there's a road right to it.

Oh well. That's the poster's right. [:/] Just because it's allowed doesn't mean it's a good idea. Imagine if everyone that caught a golden exercised their right to keep it. Though I can understand if it was a record, even more so now that outing the spot isn't a big deal anymore. [crazy]

BTW Evil, nice topic name. (Granted, it wasn't too "original" to begin with but...)

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=676048"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...orum.cgi?post=676048[/url]

Thanks for the kick in the collective [#0000BF]deleted [/#0000BF]to all who know when to keep a lid on it. [pirate] Echo didn't need your "help". I know it makes you feel good to get attention and cause a stir, so congrats. There ya go. You knew it before you posted and you're probably surprised it took this long.

Any perception that you were starting to 'get it' should be quite smashed by now, at least.

Really, I don't have a huge beef with you or TDT. I admire that you're willing to go the extra mile to get to places of discovery. You always tend to take some good pics too. I'm sure I'll walk up, shake hands, and chat a bit with you guys again, the next time we cross paths.

Judgement on how much to disclose is what's lacking. That's all. I won't even bust your junk about fish handling. I've seen way too many "experts" throwing fish around nonchalantly to even make a case about it.

For the rest of you who might be inclined to go and try for your golden, please be gentle with them and only keep a record. Goldens will not be stocked again in this state, so it's up to us to keep the ones we've got. Please!

Oh yeah. Congrats to Bscuderi on his first fly catch. WTG!