Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 6/19/12
[cool]Went fishing at gray light today out of 33 hole in the floattube. I was kicking towards the first rock pillar in the wash and see the stripers slurping. Cast and on! Most were small but some were 1lb or better. Caught most fish on a white grub and bettlespin. They continued to go up and down till about 9am. At times I had slurping happening ten feet from the tube. I was already hooked up at the time. Caught about 25 or so fish and kept five for tacos. Nice day on the water with little wind and plenty of action.
P.S. I went by the fishing cleaning station at the dry storage at Las Vegas wash and saw two guys working on it; changing out a motor and controlbox. It is the one on the left close to the trees and dumpster. They hoped to have it running this afternoon. The one on the right will not be fixed cause of lack of funds.
[signature]
It's that time!!!! Cool E now I can think about scheduling a trip.

Thanks man gives me motivation to go out and see if it's happening tonight in my neck of the "Woods".
[signature]
That's good news. Thanks for the report, BigE.
[signature]
I was kicking towards the first rock pillar in the wash and see the stripers slurping. Cast and on! Most were small but some were 1lb or better.

I was following slurps off Sand Island a week ago and caught a few. Tough fishing in deep water. Sneak up to the slurp make a couple cast and they go deep. Wait until they surface again, put the sneak on them again, couple of casts, down they go. A lot of work for small stripers!
Sounds like you had another great time on the water!
BaySport
[signature]
[cool]Thanks Always nice to work the slurps/boils.
[signature]
We saw a slurp up at Echo on Sunday. Popped up next to us as we were motoring. We fired a couple casts and they disappeared.
[signature]
[cool]Yeah, my wife and I were out sunday at gray light and had a slurp coming right at us. We each got one but it was my first this season on the fly. The slurps have arrived.
[signature]