Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy here from Pittsburgh - Looking for some suggestions of locations
Hey everyone! New guy to the forum (and reasonably new to PA). Looking for some places to fish because so far, i havent had much luck. There are so many places out here, but dont have a boat so im looking for any pointers i can get on good fishing spots around the area. I am on the west side so that area is my preferred area.

So far Ive tried fishing at Raccoon Creek Lake - Rented a boat and fished all damn day. Tried worms, and artificial lures both drifting, trolling and casting along the shores. I have a feeling we were shafted due to a rainy day and cold front from the day before.

Anyone ever had luck at Raccoon Creek? Id like to try it again this weekend but not sure if there are any fishing reports for the area.

Some other places Id like to try are Ambridge Reservoir, Lake Arthur, the Ohio River and any ponds or streams around the area.

My target fish are bass, pike, walleye, and musky.

Anyways - Hope you guys can give me a few pointers and im sure the forum can give me some tips as well.

Thanks!
[signature]
I haven't fished at Raccoon in quite a while, but haven't heard many good reports from there recently.

I have been fishing the Allegheny and Connoquenessing and have caught a few bass and a lot of Catfish. I will be fishing the Mon a couple nights this week probably around Southside.

Good Luck!
[signature]