Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowfishing?
Hey,
I'm new to this site and from outside Johnstown in western central PA. I'm just curious if any of you guys bowfish around the area or even anywhere in the state. My relatives from out of state introduced it to me and I'm hooked, but are there any good spots around here? I'm thinking about hitting up the Quemahoning sometime once I check for any local regulations. Everyone around here thinks I'm crazy when I ask them about bowfishing so any help would be great.
Andy
you'll find it's slowly gaining popularity here. Pretty much any body of water in PA can be bow fished. It is legal in PA to shoot carp, catfish and suckers. Nothing else can be taken with a bow. I personally bowfish at night at night from my 16 ft jon boat under lights with a generator. We also walk many creek banks in my area as well. The Carp will be spawing in your area around the end of May I'd think. They'll run up tributary rivers to spawn if they can. If not, they'll move shallow over vegetation or silty and/or pebbly bottom.
[signature]
Well thanks for the reply. Even if it's 8-9 months late, it's good to hear. Hopefully I can give it a shot this summer.
[signature]