Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore Jigging
I have seen different forms of fishing but the one that excites me the most is Jigging, and to be more precise 'Shore jigging'. Now I am an absolute amateur when it comes to fishing and this form of fishing(jigging) is something I have never tried my hands at. But, I would like to do so. And what better than to learn from Jigging Guru. I am residing in Gulf region(QATAR).

I have few questions regarding jigging, if you could kindly clear it for me:

1. What would be the ideal rod for Shore jigging i.e Basic spinning rod or Jigging rod ?

2. If I opt for Jigging rod, which one would be ideal from 'shore jigging' point of view ?
(brand, material of rod, rated for 80-170 / 170-400g jigs...?)

3. Also, what would be the best fishing line for Shore jigging ?

4. Is it alright to use spinning reel for jigging or do I need to have jigging reel only ?

5. Lastly, regarding 'Lure', what would be the best for shore jigging ?
[signature]
First of all, welcome to the site. I was hoping someone else would reply to you post because I don't shore fish all that often but I'll try and answer some of them in red below.
[quote jigging_guru]I have seen different forms of fishing but the one that excites me the most is Jigging, and to be more precise 'Shore jigging'. Now I am an absolute amateur when it comes to fishing and this form of fishing(jigging) is something I have never tried my hands at. But, I would like to do so. And what better than to learn from Jigging Guru. I am residing in Gulf region(QATAR).

I have few questions regarding jigging, if you could kindly clear it for me:

1. What would be the ideal rod for Shore jigging i.e Basic spinning rod or Jigging rod ?
[#ff0000]There is likely many different rods you could use to shore fish but it will depend on what kind of fish you are trying to catch. Any rod that is medium heavy and 10 to 12 foot long, should work fine.[/#ff0000]
2. If I opt for Jigging rod, which one would be ideal from 'shore jigging' point of view ?
(brand, material of rod, rated for 80-170 / 170-400g jigs...?)
[#000000][#ff0000]We don't rate rods in grams here in the States, so I can't help with that guestion but in general it has to do with the weight of the line you plan on using, plus the fish you are trying to catch.[/#ff0000][/#000000]
3. Also, what would be the best fishing line for Shore jigging ?
[#ff0000]I would think a 20 pound braided line would work just fine.[/#ff0000]

4. Is it alright to use spinning reel for jigging or do I need to have jigging reel only ?
[#ff0000]Yes, that sould work fine but a bait caster would work as well.[/#ff0000]
5. Lastly, regarding 'Lure', what would be the best for shore jigging ?
[#ff0000]Since I have never fished in you area, I really can't say what would work there but any saltwater lures could work depending on what you are trying to catch. Plastics should also work, like the ones sold by Wavefishing.com[/#ff0000]
[/quote]
Good luck, I hope this helps.
WH2
[signature]