Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DMAD & Gunnison Bend results
Hey everybody!

These reports are a little late, but just wanted to say that if you are in the Millard County area, I have fished DMAD and Gunnison bend this past week. I was bank tangling both, and have to say that DMAD seems to be the place to go. Fishing by the dam in DMAD, I was able to pull in two decent bluegills, a small green sunfish, and three smallmouth bass. Fishing wasn't red hot, but remained somewhat consistent, getting action every 10-15 minutes. I was using a small bluegill patterned jig tipped with a worm.

Gunnison Bend was much more difficult, due to having much less space to fish. I caught only two, but luckily they were both white bass, which I haven't caught before. They were caught on a generic white willow bladed spinner (maker unknown), and a yellow Mepp's spinner. Know these places are out of the way for the average Utah fisherman, so I hope someone gets a benefit from this[Wink]
[signature]
All information is appreciated. Thanks for posting about a water that we all rarely hear about.

Never caught a white bass until your recent outing? Utah Lake my friend....get them by the buckets full!

Maybe the next time I am on my way to backcountry ski Great Basin National Park I wil have to drop by to see what the bass are up to in DMAD.
[signature]
Decent report there man. All we need is some pics! Thanks for the report and details though. One day I will hit that place.
[signature]