Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish & Ski Combo?
Hey there,

The wife and I are considering a boat. She grew up with a patio boat and my family had a Ranger Reata. Looking for some suggestions for boats that I can take fishing or go out swimming and towing inflatables.

I am not looking for someone to list the options, as I know what's out there. But I am looking for recommendations and reasons why to like the boat. Fo examplw, Trackers and Tahoes are all over the place, but I always thought they weren't good quality. But how about brands like Four Winns who are known for ski boats but have a few fish n ski options?

Also, what are your thoughts on fishing with action or party barge? Seems like it would be a pain to lug that thing out to the lake everytime I wanted to fish by myself.

Thanks in advance.
[signature]
I recommend Rinker. We had a 18.6 open bow. Awesome waterskiing, toys and very comfortable fishing.
[signature]
We bought a relatively inexpensive Four Winns 19' Horizon and then did some conversion work to it ourselves to make it more fishing friendly. I just added an engine mount trolling motor (it's in the thread right below this one) and we have an easy to add/remove portable fish finder.

Next is the portable livewell. Takes about 10 minutes to decide what we are doing that day and load the boat accordingly. We can fish 4 reasonably comfortably.
[signature]
Same though here- I am getting lund crossover
[signature]
One option we have is the Fourwinns ski boat and we use the Transporter Portable boat. You can then have the best of both worlds. The Four Winns is an awesome family ski boat that is more maneuverable than the competition ski boats and you can easily mount a small minn Kota trolling motor to the bow or swim deck of this boat for great trolling. It has an awesome spot to put a food/fish cooler and still looks great on the water with the family and friends!

The Transporter boat folds up inside itself and ends up in Box form so you can take it with you and troll and fish from it where you end up . The kids love it since it's so stable you can run around in side it and it will not tip and rock like other small fishing boats. Also, it has a ton of storage and livewell under the seats. You can carry life jackets, fishing poles, and even keep your ice and drinks cold under the seats of the boat. Then when you are all done, just pack it up inside itself and it stores away! No extra parking garage or side drive needed!

Check out this video of it in action! Good luck!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw-6dKU3Pkc
[signature]
When we lived on Lake Norfork AR we had a 22 foot Playcraft Sunfish. We loved it, but we had it in the water all the time. Don't know if I would want to trailer it. I had it set up with 4 swivel fishing seats, don't know if they offer that option any more, and a 150hp engine. I had a portable 35gallon bait tank/live well, 6 rod holders and a rod locker under one lounge seat. Could troll 6 rods with not much trouble, until you had several striper hookups at the same time. Everyone that ever fished with me loved it and commented on why more people don't fish pontoons. They are comfortable. Plenty of room for 8 to 10 people. Easily pulled tubes and two skiers with 4 or 5 people onboard. I had two different props to use depending on what we were doing.
[signature]