Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for some different spots
hi there, im looking for some quiet fishing spots around the capitol region (or an hour or so drive out). i often just go to locks 7, 9 and 1.

thanks
[signature]
Hi there,
How's lock 9 doing? I grew up a stones throw from there and it looked pretty rough after the flooding last year.

Lots of places within an hour. I know more about the North soooo, There is Round Lake off Rt 9, Saratoga Lake, the North end has access. Lake Lonely which is next to Saratoga and Ballston Lake which has a nice pier to fish from. All of these lakes are Bass, Pike and panfish lakes with plenty of good action at the right times.
Farther north but still within an hour is the Hudson River off Spier falls road (exit 17) and Moreau lake. Moreau is a state park so it has a fee, but would be a good place to camp for the night and have good access to lots of other places.
Stewarts Bridge is another with camping and plenty of good fishing.
The back side of lake George off Buttermilk Falls road is an awesome place to hang, but it's about 1.5 hours total from the Thruway/N-way interchange.

Google maps is your friend.

If your heading up that way, post up where you went and how you did.
[signature]
Ok, almost 400 views in a week and no replies? You all lurkers or what?

Anyone else have any advice?
Anyone familuar with the Grafton Park area and could chime in about places there?
[signature]
Well I can't tell you any placed specific because I don't know the area that well, but one place I always look is on this free app I have for my Phone. It's called UFindFish. i dont know if it has anything in your area but i know it has helped me from time to time.
[signature]
Take Route 9J south out of Rensselaer and look for the access road to the river and Staats Island. Good fishng right from shore on the Hudson.
[signature]