Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neosho River
I finally had sometime the other day to do some fishing. I did not even have a hit. ibfishinking went a few days later, he did not have any bites.
In mid-October they were catching cats on trot lines on the Neosho below Hartford.
The park ranger at Melvern said that they had been catching a few crappie, but that was about it.
I am sure once this cold weather moves through that it will not be any better.
what has happened is you missed the october feeding frenzie. they gorged them selves and it will take a good solid week to 10 days for them to get their appitites back.

we are having the same thing here in michian. up untill a week ago last fryday the fish were hitting any thing you droped in front of them. now they are so full and finniky you have to agrivate them to bite.

things got slow here real fast last fryday and went down hill fast since. I am expecting a good day tomarow. I plan on doing a whole day of fishing. I am trailing about 100 points on the 16 species pic contest. lol

the contest is on the tournaments and events board, if you care to look at it or enter. there is still time to get in some entries.
[signature]
Been hitting the spillway at Redmond the white bass and wipers are hitting really good. Also the cat fisherman were doing pretty good when i was there. They were using cut bait, white bass. I was catching the bass on cut bait and minnows. Been doing good on the crappie and white bass at Melvern out in the boat, doing the best around turkey point. Also catching white bass at the melvern spillway. Went to Pomona yesterday in the boat and caught about 25 white bass.
[signature]