Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 7-3 Kokes
I went up to Soldier Creek last night after hearing rumblings about people catching good numbers of kokes. I spoke with 2 fishermen that were tearing them up and they proceeded to show me evidence of this with some good sizes-one was 2 1/2 to 3 pounds. I rigged all my stuff to go after them this morning with my wife and sister in law. Well we did pretty well today-we caught 5 kokes-(lost one) along with some nice rainbows and a few smaller cutts. The winner of the day was Art's-(Kokanee Creeks tackle) lures. We were using silver streak dodgers with the plum crazy and the hot damn pink lures. The women had a blast while I ran 3 downriggers and kept on course-breezes were there this afternoon.

Water was 64 degrees, depth was 38 feet, and up by the dam it was really good.

MP

PS- thanks to the guys from West Jordan-they had been up ther for about 3 weeks and have done very well.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT and thanks for the post. It looks like you certainly have a boat that is rigged for kokanee fishing.
[signature]
Is that a Jared Johnson rod in the background??? Nice work on getting into the elusive kokanee at strawberry!
[signature]
Excellent 1st ever post. Way to give us the non typical berry report.
[signature]
Way to go! Nice koke and a happy lady, don't get much better.
[signature]
Good stuff sir! Welcome to the forum AlreadyGone. Don't go leaving any time soon AlreadyGone[Wink][Wink][Wink]we could use more reports like this on here. Thanks for posting.
[signature]
That rod and reel looks the same as my new set up that
I used at the Berry on Monday.
We had a great day and brought home 2 limits.
[signature]
Thaks for the welcomes!

This may have been be my first post here, but I have been a member and lurker for quite a while. I do most of my fishing at the Gorge out of Buckboard and Manila-but do go up to Strawberry on occasion-(4 times so far this year). I was very happy to see more koke action this go around as it was a struggle to get more than a couple in the boat a couple months ago. I hope the numbers are still there like they were a few years back.

Yes, I have a couple of JJ rods and a couple of Fenwick Eagles that I use. I'm also using Okuma convetor line counter reels. the JJ's are extra nice-I love the feel and they are easier to boat fish with verses other rods i have used. Once you dial everything in you can stay on top of whatever species of fish your after.

I sure hope that Strawberry tries to keep the Konanee poulation going strong. It's hard on a truck to pull a 7-8 thousand pound boat to the gorge every other weekend! : )

MP
[signature]
Those JJ rods do have a nice feel to them but we have snapped 2 already. 1 was operator error on th side of the boat and the other was on a fish...kokanee at that. Jared is a great guy and there was really no questions asked to get them replaced but we still had to give him a real hard time about the "made in china" sticker on them!! We also use some fenwicks and even the free cabelas rods we have aren't terrible.

I completely agree about making the trip over to the gorge, it gets to be a long drive. Strawberry is a lot closer but it's hard to beat the salmon in Wyoming! Hopefully we will meet on the water sometime! Looks like you have a pretty sweet setup with that boat!!
[signature]
Good Job on them Kokes!!! and welcome to this great forum [Smile]
[signature]
Hate to see nice young girls all mixed up with kokes.. [:/]

JK, hope to catch one someday...[laugh]
[signature]