Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July Meeting...cancelled
[cool][#0000ff]The TnT meeting for July was scheduled for Wednesday, July 25. As I mentioned at the June meeting, my wife and I will be traveling out of state that week and would not be able to attend. And, since July 24 is a Utah state holiday...and since a couple of regular members have indicated they will also be on vacation then...Lee and I agreed that we can do without a meeting in July.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Looking ahead to the August meeting, that will be on Wednesday the 29th. If you check your calendars you will see that is only a couple of days away from September...and September is when the weather cools off, water gets colder and fall fishing gets into high gear. With that in mind let's maybe plan a fall fishing focus kinda thing for the August meeting.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Anybody got any other wunnerful ideas? We had talked about another swap meet but we can do those anytime we run short of other topics.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
The swap meet was fun last time, it is always nice to see what others have and what works for them. I also like what we did last time and take some time to have people talk about recent fishing trips. I am always wanting to learn more and hit other bodies of water but I have neither the time or the money to travel the entire state hitting all the hot fishing spots. It is nice to hear how others do and learn a little about a certain body of water. I don't know a lot but I am willing to share if others are and I think that is one of the advantages of being involved in a club like this. Also I think it would be great to set up a fall fishing trip for the club. I am thinking Starvy......
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good idea about a TnT trip. Starvy is usually good in September and the power squadron is a lot less of a problem after Labor Day.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let's definitely put that on the agenda for discussion at the August meeting and we can be targeting a potential date in September even before the meeting. For the benefit of members who can't get free during the week we can make it on a Saturday. Maybe combine fishing with a fish fry afterward.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Why not Strawberry? No power squadron anytime, and about an hour closer to the valley. [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Obviously, you can go wherever you want. I have not fished Strawberry for over 30 years and do not plan to do so anytime soon...even for a club floatilla. All they have in Strawberry are trout.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Seriously, it is open to membership vote and anybody can make a suggestion and solicit votes. Majority rules.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I am sure we will discuss more at the meeting but my vote is still Starvy. I love being able to catch 5 or 6 species of fish in a single day. You never know what is going to come aboard. The fish fry would be great as well. I also think that a well organized trip would be a great way to attract some new members and hopefully grow the numbers of the club. Who wouldn't want to go fishing with all of the great guys that are already participating.
[signature]
For me it is the distance. As I have mentioned to Pat, Starvation is a great weekend camp/fish, but with gas prices, close to 2 and a half hour drive, and closer lakes, I am out. But I am just a fly flinger / catch and release anyway.
Have fun

FG
[signature]
Oh man, I'm in for a flotilla on Starvy. We could even do it on a Friday or Monday if everyone prefers. I'd love to fish with some of you.
[signature]
I'm down for Starvy too, preferably friday our saturday for me.
[signature]
A friday trip to the Starvy sounds good for me too. Let me know a date and time.
[signature]