Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Santa Ana Produces my First Lightining Trout
Had a great time at the Santa Ana Lake opener. The bite was a bit slow so there is still tons of trout in the lake so you may want to hit it guys.

I only fished for about 3 hours and it was really hot really early although I did see some nice fish landed.

Did anyone else try Irvine, Corona or Santa Ana yet? [center][Image: santtaana.jpg][/center]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hello Troutboy,

No actually it was really early in the day and he was criusing the bank. Most fish were caught that day from the bank on powerbait (green, or orange), crave bait, and jigs. You should make a trip down there, they stocked browns, rainbows, lightining, and brookies.
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hey Hodg,

I always ask you to send me a pic but you never do. Please send me the Lightning trout for the next FTC. Also call me when you can to discuss what you want to do next issue.

take care,

shawn

www.fishtacochronicles.com
[signature]

Hey there fishtacomag,

Nice to have you visit BFT and the California board again. Please feel free to post when you guys have some special communitly event, contest and the like. Our community might be small but there's a lot we can do to keep everyone informed as to what's going on here in southern California!

Your buddy,

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey Mike, nice fish. We got to get together some day and trade secret fishing holes. I'm trying to get down there soon but maybe after Thanksgiving hollidays.
[signature]
Nice going Mike. You probably caught them on that gvanzant special, 8'6" fly rod blank converted to spinning especially for 2 pound line. Right? A little explanation about the trout plants in the local lakes. Since the trout are hatchery raised they initially look for a way out of the lake, so they swim around the edges for a while. During hot weather, sooner or later they retreat to cooler climes. In Irvine it takes them a couple of days to go deep. As the water cools in the winter, they become adapted, so they continually cruise the shoreline.From a boat I anchor in about 12 feet of water and cast toward the shore line to 2 foot depths. Then I inch the bait very slowly back to the boat. Most of the hook-ups occur from 2 feet to 6 feet depths.
[signature]
Hello GV,

Thank you, Yes it was on the GV Special. That is a great rod its produced a ton of fish! Thank you again. We'll have to get on the water pretty soon.
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hello TB2,

I'll look forward to it, I also have been meaning to hit Castiac, so maybe after Thanksgiving we can work that out,
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I'll send you a PM with my info if you would like to do the same. We can touch base and go from there. I'm going out to TDs playground for Thanksgiving. I should be able to bring back some new toys to test over there. Should be alot of fun.
[signature]