Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison river
Im headed to West Yellowstone tomorrow. I'm going to be able to fish a few hours in the mornings and evenings this weekend. I've never been and have talk to a few people about it. But I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
Stop in at Jacklin's Fly Shop and pick his brain. He is a super nice guy, and the senior guide for that area. He will steer you right, and make sure the right flies. Yellow Sallies was what worked for us.
[signature]
Don't forget Hoppers as well. Just about any of the fly shops up there can help. My favorite is Arricks.
[signature]
FG - Normally I agree with you. Not this time... There are NO hoppers out yet. Currently there are Golden Stones and Caddis popping. I have also seen a few PMD's. I have been throwing Stimis, Sallies, and Blond Spinners. In some areas (Osborn to Riverside) the Flavs are popping. But, as usual the fish are spooky. I nailed a nice fish with a Woof of all things. But, if you think about it the body does look similar to a Flav. Oh and Streamers, Olives w/ some flashy type stuff...

Weather has been wierd, that has made fishin a little tough.

Oh, Bobby says hi.
[signature]
Miss you guys! Heay, did you at least TRY a hopper? Reason I ask, is I fished the Three Dollar on a very windy, rainy cold day in Sept. and they hit the hopper.

Stoners are a given I guess for the Madison. I agree totally on the smaller flies too and can't go wrong with a caddis.
[signature]