Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 2 Tube
Just thought I'd say hi to all you tubers. [cool]

Tubedude was saying I should stop in and check it out so I thought I'd see what's up.

My husband and I really like these forums and just wanted to say thanks for the help & info!

Nice to meet ya!

Diamond<>
[signature]
[cool]Well, you did make it over. Welcome to our little playroom. Take your time and wander around the past files. You can usually tell by the titles of the original posts what the topic will be...but that ain't always true. We do tend to get off on tangents sometimes.

If you would like any basic info on float tubing, I have a lot of personal written material I can send for you to read. In case you do not find it on any of the past threads, where I have included it before, I will attach a copy of the little piece I put together on how to choose a craft.

If you would like more stuff, send me a Private Message, or send me an email. I am limited on how much I can send on a Private Message, but if you include your email address, I can send more...if your ISP will take larger files.
[signature]

Hey there jbhp,

Coming from an oft returning visitor, welcome to TubeDude's magical mystery tube board. Just so you know, we are all very, very business-like, no sillyness, no goofy jokes, always stay on topic, never veer off into who knows what flight of fancy. Yep... 'ol straight and narrow .. That's us. Honest!

JapanRon
[signature]
Straight and narrow threads! I'm in the wrong forum! You have to be silly and find goofy jokes, that's how you become full of useless information that you'll carry with you the rest of your life! [laugh]
[signature]
You'll have to forgive JapanRon, all the smoke is getting to him [Wink]. Heck, I don't even know if he is close to all those fires, I hope not.

Welcome to our humble forum. I saw your post over on the Utah board and would defitnally encourage a float-tube 'try it out trip.' I've always felt very secure in my tube, and now on my pontoon. Some of the newer tubes will have more than one air bladder that helps ensure a safe float.

Come on back a see us! TubeDude is truely a wealth of information, a veritable typing encyclopedia of fishing knowledge.

Hey TD! I landed half dozen whities yesterday. They did taste rather good.

ES
[signature]
[cool]Hey, "Diamond Girl"...if it is wacky you want, you are definitely in the right circus. While we take our fishing seriously...and helping those who ask for help...we most decidedly do not take ourselves too seriously.

Life is too short to be uptight and outta sight on everything. If you can't have fun, you might as well go crawl in the grave and wait to die. No offense to anyone, I hope.

So, one thing I will guarantee...personally...is that I will always make a good effort to provide answers when you need them. On the other hand, if you need a grin or a chuckle, I can usually accomodate there, too. I have always believed that a sense of humor is better than no sense at all.

HEY...MR. SCUD. Sounds like you broke the code. Where did you go and what did you use to score your whities? Any size to 'em? Were you bankin' or 'toonin?

I have always counted on enjoying some of the best white bass and walleye fishing of the year from now until hard iceup. I say hard iceup because, as you know, sometimes the lake freezes and then thaws again. In between those freezes I have scored big time. The fish gang up more in the colder water...especially around the warm springs. You have to fish low and slow, but once you find the fish you can usually coax a few to go home with you.

Waiting for more good reports.
[signature]
Here is the report I posted on the Utah Board. I hate paying $5 to get into the marina (I was banking it). Hopefully the whities will start moving into Lincoln, AF, and Lindon soon. I need to add that a black roadrunner with a small red grub trailer and a bit of chicken also scored a couple.

[size 1]I broke down and paid my $5 entrance fee[mad] and went to Utah Lake State Park yesterday afternoon and fished from 2:30-4:00. I was all the way at the end of the north dike and casting north. Landed 5-7 white bass all in the 10" range.

I was using a dark green with black flake grub tipped with a chunck of left over Arby's chicken strip. The ironic thing is that they bass would hit better if the chicken strip had a bunch of the batter and seasoning on it.

There were some folks next to me that were absolutely killing them. I saw one gal bring in at least one double hook up. They were using chartruese and red jigs tipped with chunks of white bass fillet chopped up in dice size chunks with the skin still attached.

The white bass were easily within casting distance from the shore. I didn't see any cats or largemouth landed while I was there. My guess is that the largemouth were on the south facing side of the north dike. [/size]
[signature]
[cool]Hey guest. Welcome to our board, but we would like to know who you are. How about registering and logging in.

I will offer some help on the Utah bassin'. I lived in the Salt Lake area for a good part of my life, and fished just about every water in the state. Starting in the late 70's, I was probably the first one to put a float tube on many of the lakes in Utah, and got a lot of folks addicted to that wacky sport.

Come on back and let us know where you live and what waters you might like to target. Also, what kind of tackle you prefer, and whether you will be bankin', boatin' or floatin' (tubes). That can make a lot of difference in the advice I have to offer.

As a general answer, Utah Lake white bass are a good bet right now, and you can catch them from the bank as well as a boat in spots like the end of the jetty at the state park and off Lincoln Beach to the south. They are also easy to catch when they come inside the harbors at Lindon, American Fork and Provo. They move in and school up. If you can find a school, you can usually enjoy the kind of action described by EmuScud.

White bass will hit a wide variety of baits and lures. A piece of crawler below a bobber catches a lot of them. Many folks toss small tube jigs and spinners. I use bait bugs...small jigs...tipped with a piece of worm or cut white bass meat. They tend to hit something with "sweetener" better than an unbaited lure.

It won't be too long until the fall fling on whities subsides and then you will have to look harder and work harder for them. If the lake freezes this winter, you can take them through the ice.

Hope this helps. You should also check in on the Utah board, if you haven't already. There are usually current reports there...or you can post a question and you will usually get plenty of help. But...sign up first. Not mandatory, but it will get more responses...and you can send and receive private messages to and from the other members.
[signature]
Hey Tube and Emu,

If one was to go down there cold for the first time, where would you suggest trying first? Also where abouts on the lake are the warm springs? To early to try there? We're expecting a cold snap starting tomorrow.

If I can have reasonable success from shore I could take Sparky with me.

[crazy]Leaky