Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conasauga river record Flatheads
My partner Jason Harrison is without a boat at the moment and mine has to be serviced on monday. So he decided to go bank catfishing on the Conasauga river. Over the years he has always told me that its a different river after some good rains and for the most part it always has been. He started sending me pics around 8pm. told me that he was fishing from 7:30 till midnight. The first was a 15lb flathead. Impressive for this small of a river. Then a 5 lb flathead and in between he had caught a 2lb blue. Then sent me a message that said on the same rod that he caught the 15lber(which was his smallest rod 20lb line 50lb leader) he had one that never looked back and ripped his drag and broke him off. just after the 15lber came in with ease. Then he sent me a pic of a flathead that was atleast 20lbs. Ended up weighing 25lbs. That was enough for the record books but right after that he caught a 28.5 lb flathead. Two fish that broke the record on the same night. Ended up catching another blue around 8lbs. All this in 3 hours that got cut short when his brother showed up with the tank and pump for the work to start to try to keep it alive. Its very healthy today. I just got back from seeing it and its a goodlooking fish. Gonna get it certified tomorrow. Keeping it in a 100 gallon tank with 70 gallons of water and a double aerorator.
[signature]