Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Question on Weather changes...
Hi Folks -
A little question regarding weather changes.
Up in Montreal area, the weather has been pushing 35C degrees for the last week with high humidity.

Last night temperatures dropped, bringing today in at about 20-25C.

Normally I would say that won't help the bass fishing. On the other hand, according to some lunar fishing schedules yesterday and today are supposed to be some of the best days of the month for fishing.

I'd like to head out for some top water bass fishing with my fly rod given we have 0 wind. I was just wondering if people figure it's worth the hour drive based on the various factors? Thanks!
[signature]
It's been my experiance that when a cold front comes through the bite is tough the next couple of days. Lunar cycles don't reflect local weather conditions.
[signature]
Well I just proved my theory wrong saturday. We had a cold front come in on friday and temps dropped 30 degrees and sat morning saw us fishing with a cooler day and light winds. Turned out to be the best day we have had on this lake. Also the biggest fish yet to be pulled out of that lake by us. It doesn't happen very often, but I guess we all just need to fish it no matter what and see what the day brings.
[signature]
Go figure eh?
I went out on the day I was unsure about and the wind picked up something fierce making top water pretty choppy. After about an hour I was on my last cast and had the popper about 5-6 feet away from my legs, had stopped retrieving and was tinkering with my reel when all of a sudden BANG. Just a huge explosion. It just about gave me a heart attack... Probably one of the most exciting bites I've ever gotten.

I guess when it comes to fishing, you just never know until you put the time in.
[signature]
[quote gdn443]Well I just proved my theory wrong saturday.[/quote]
Statistics and theories are made to be broken.
If all fishermen knew exactly where and when the fish would turn-on then there wouldn't be much sport in it I guess.
[signature]