Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear lake and secret lake
I left to bear lake on friday got there set up went fish a little and cast net nothing on the beach. I caught a few small baby carps as bait and a few cubs and small perch I let perch to grow up. Was going to fish cisco beach got there and bam my car rocking back and forth so i left. Caught one decent size carp in cast net. I went to a mini carp condo later caught one nice 17 in. The carps were all nibbling on my bait [mad]. Left to camp and sleep. Saturday wake up early try beach again no love except a few bait fish. Went to marina. Caught 1 chub or mountain white, almost caught a big 2+ft carp it got unhooked when it got close to shore [mad]. Later cast net a little and I think I caught a cisco but idk if it was... Caught a few blue gills. Yes i did say blue gills some how they are there 0.o. As Well a nice rock hit one of my finger and off there goes most of my nail. Got nerve damage now so i can barley move it.

Later I went to garden city pond caught 2 dink bow let them go. Sunday just fished the pond and slow caught 3 bow kept 2. I decided to leave the crappy bear lake because it had no love. Water level is so weird on beach. I went to my perchy condo ^_^ and yes yes yes end up with 20 perch, 6 bass kept 3, 3 nice keeper healthy bows. Caught of caught 5 but one decided to flop in air close to shore and snap line [mad] . Another one just unhooked and left with one big scale less.

I didn't want to clean perch so i gave them to my fishing buddies and they were happy to have them. Didnt get home till12 am monday and cleaning fish not fun with a broken off nail.
[signature]
First thing that isnt a cisco, second once again you confessed to donating fish so I assume you filled out a donation paper. I know you are young and are enthusiastic about fishing but .... well... nevermind
[signature]
well thats one way to bust his balls....
[signature]

The cisco looked like a red sided shiner. But I am curious about you and your cast net. I'd like to know more about that. I saw some one at Strawberry throwing a cast net and catching minnows, chub and shiners for bait, Very interesting.
[signature]
[quote fish_fear_me2]First thing that isnt a cisco, second once again you confessed to donating fish so I assume you filled out a donation paper. I know you are young and are enthusiastic about fishing but .... well... nevermind[/quote]

Would you like to come over to my house and see the paper work? That does look like a red sided shiner minnow...they make great bait.....once dead of course.

Oh and PS.....we both have valid fishing licenses too fishfearme.
[signature]
[quote flashyfish2]
The cisco looked like a red sided shiner. But I am curious about you and your cast net. I'd like to know more about that. I saw some one at Strawberry throwing a cast net and catching minnows, chub and shiners for bait, Very interesting.[/quote]

TubeDude has an EXCELLENT right up on cast nets.....too bad they are just so EXPENSIVE!
[signature]
chill out the buddy aka etdt has a fishing license so no need to go all crazy. I know you wish you can catch the amazing bucket of perchs.
[signature]
mostly if your cast netting you can only take non game fish species if you catch a game species it gota go back. I caught a few perch and blue gills but they all went back in the water for another day to swim around
[signature]
[quote fish_fear_me2]First thing that isnt a cisco, second once again you confessed to donating fish so I assume you filled out a donation paper. I know you are young and are enthusiastic about fishing but .... well... nevermind[/quote]

I re-read FlyFishingLovers post and he just made a typo and forgot to add that he came over to my house late that night and donated those fish. I assume you thought he donated them in the field? And yes I have his info on the paperwork for the fishes. Luckily I live on his route home. Lucky me!

Thanks again for the fish FFL! You know no fish here goes to waste!!!

So lets all play nice before FFLover wakes up and rips us all a new one for giving him a hard time[Wink]
*EDIT (well missed it by that much, the beast is out of the cage already)
[signature]
ya no problem it was my pleasure to catch those fish and give them to you because i know how much you guys like the perch and i still have a few perch in my freezer. I just wanted to keep the bows for me ^_^.

Enjoy those tasty perch man ^_^
[signature]
hey atleast no wasting is happening, ive been filleting fish for 2 days and just finished up and had some good fried perch for dinner last night. mmmmmm, cant beat that.
[signature]
ya i bet he was speeding on his way home too huh! Prob didn't use his turn signal a few times either silly young enthusiastic yahoo!

come on man really?

Nice catch anyway!
for a fact im not a stupid person whos in a rush to ever get home ever. another fact after going to tdt house i had to go shopping in the middle of the night so if u have nothing nice to say get off and dont even say anything !!!!!!!!!!!! [mad] As well im not a dumb*** who doesnt forget to turn on his blinkers. I always remember safty is first. [mad] [mad] [mad]
[signature]
as well sorry if your jealous that i know the good perch fishing spots this year!!! Tongue
[signature]
dude i was defending you!
[signature]
Nice report - glad you had fun catching.

Couple suggestions? I know you got barked at but - perhaps if you:
(1) don't brag so much - trust me, other people can and do catch perch effectively
(2) don't bite back - the twins can surely tell you where that gets ya. (keep your KungFu in your pocket so to speak)
(3) if you have a "secret spot" - maybe better not to advertise it as so - you know how folks get - if you can't have it you want it more...

I'm not jumping on you. I'd just prefer to see your fishing report stay just that. Don't make me bring out the kitties!
[center][shocked][:p][shocked]
[/center]
[quote CoyoteSpinner]Nice report - glad you had fun catching.

Couple suggestions? I know you got barked at but - perhaps if you:
(1) don't brag so much - trust me, other people can and do catch perch effectively
(2) don't bite back - the twins can surely tell you where that gets ya. (keep your KungFu in your pocket so to speak)
(3) if you have a "secret spot" - maybe better not to advertise it as so - you know how folks get - if you can't have it you want it more...

I'm not jumping on you. I'd just prefer to see your fishing report stay just that. Don't make me bring out the kitties!
[center][shocked][:p][shocked]
[/center]
[/quote]

1st you start out like this....
[Image: Jack_Nicholson_Cuckoo.jpg]

Then you get the shock therapy.....
[Image: Picture-1.png]

Then you get the full frontal lobotomy
[Image: one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-ending-10...1173810768]

So remember watch out for the BFT Mods....especially CYS!
[Image: OneFlewRatched2.jpg]

Maybe you are too young to remember this flick.....oh well!
[signature]
Sure sure sure just o to your husband and tell him don't criticize new drivers even when he doesn't know how I drive because I don't speed nor I don't forget to turn on my blinkers XD. I'm sure hes the one who speeds and forgets his blinkers.
[signature]
that there movie is " one who flew over the coo-coos nest" great show love it, funny as hell.
hey fly fishing lover just relax and let it rest, people are just givin you a hard time. By the way good job on the fishing, You made me want to try my old cast net out. thanks man[Smile][fishin]
[signature]
Ya I know the older people yet want tO pick on the younger ones vecause they got no life XD. Ya it took time to remember how to use the cast net because it was almost 1 year since I used it. Good luck with catching those dumb carp and chubs XD
[signature]