Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sears ted williams outboard problem
i just got a sears ted williams 7.5hp and i need to know where i would be able to get parts for it the model # is 574.59521 and serial # 67600711-9298 any help would be great im looking for the fuel line connector piece that you would attach to the fuel line from the gas tank
[signature]
I used to have one of those on one of my first boat. I was able to find parts on Ebay. There was a guy that was selling something else for the motor but I sent him a message and he was able to get the parts I needed. It's been awhile and I don't have his contact info but I had to follow leads on other products to find what I needed.
If I remember right it was a Tecumseh (sp?) motor. She ran great until Starvation wind and waves sunk me, lol.
Anywho, it may be easier to buy new fittings to adapt to the fuel tank instead of looking for the original one. Is it a threaded fitting that you are looking for?
[signature]
no its not a threaded piece the part im looking for attaches the fuel line to the motor
[signature]
John is right, you will not be able to buy new parts for that old motor, Ebay, KSL, maybe Craigs list are options but just adapting the old motor to new parts are your best option, imo. I recently went down to Lowes and bought brass fittings to adapt my fuel line directly to my motor, it was just a matter of adapting the larger fuel line to the smaller size line of the motor. Is that the problem you are having?
[signature]
no its not right now i have no way to connect the fuel line to the motor how would i beable to bypass the connection for the fuel line from the tank up the hose and then where you would connect it to the motor
[signature]
Is your fuel tank on top of the motor or a separate tank? It is pretty simple to bypass the fuel fitting, just take off the cowling or engine cover and look where the line goes to, after the connection that you are missing, usually the line on the other side of the connection is smaller and on some smaller motors goes to the carb, some go to a fuel pump, you just cut or disconnect the line at that point and remove that connection from where it mounts, then find an adaptor like I described above and connect it to the fuel line. It won't be a quick disconnect but it will work.
[signature]
When I had my 83' 9.9 ted williams motor I found parts on sears.com service by looking up the model of the motor, found the whole breakdowns, tech diagrams, and parts lists. try that if you still have issues finding parts.
[signature]