Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012-2013 contest.
I know it is still a few months away, but is there going to be a contest this year? If so, we need someone to step up and run it. I'd like to participate, but I don't feel like I want to run it this year. Please, someone step up...... If someone will step up soon, it will give them plenty of time to get the rules set as they want them to be and there will be plenty of time to sign up. It'll be here faster than you think.
[signature]
I'd be happy to do it of nobody else wants to. I just moved to Washington ([pirate] [shocked]) so I won't be able to compete in the contest anyway. If somebody else is itching to do it, by all means have at 'er, but if not, I'll do it.
[signature]
I don't think you have to live in Idaho to be in the contest (I guess that would depend on the rules for this year). You would just have to catch your fish in Idaho. Did you move away from Idaho without buying your lifetime license? I hope not. How far into Washington are you? Is fishing in Idaho a possibility?

I personally don't have a problem with it being ran by someone not in the contest or even out of state. Personally, my biggest concern would be will you have the time to do it and keep up with it? On the positive side, by not being in the contest it removes some of the biasing and would make you a more objective/neutral judge.

Would you like to start drafting up this years rules (under no obligation, at this point)?
[signature]
Ya, I won't be fishing in the contest. I'm now in the Tri-Cities, about three hours from Lewiston, so it's not too far for the occasional trip, but too far to go on a regular basis.

Again, if somebody else is itching to moderate the contest this year, feel free to step forward, but if not, I think it would be fun to help.

Either way we should start taking names of those who want to participate.

Is there a need to change the rules from last year? I thought it was pretty fun last year. If I do end up moderating the contest, I think it should be up to the contestants if there are to be rule changes. I'll wait to hear input from people intending to participate, otherwise I think we should just default to last year's rules.
[signature]
Thanks for stepping up. I would hate to see it end. Curt g.
[signature]
I liked last years rules and thought they worked well. The rules from the year before were fine too. Looks like you get the nod. Go ahead and see if anyone would like to see rule changes. I don't think everyone was completely pleased with last years rules.....
[signature]
Last years rules were fine. I'm in if there is a contest and I will actually participate.

Windriver
[signature]
The cold air has me excited about the upcoming hard top season. count me in whenever signups begin
[signature]
I'll add you. Good luck!

[fishon]
[signature]