Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60-2 Either Sex Deer Hunt 10/5/2012 - 11/17/2012 Advice?
I got lucky and drew the 60-2 Either-sex Mule and White-tailed Deer hunt for 10/5/2012 - 11/17/2012. The hunt includes all of units 60, 61, and 62A. Does anybody have any advice for me? All that I have hunted for is elk up there, so I'm thinking I'll probably have to switch my game up a bit. Any help would be great! I've attached a picture of the map of my unit just for reference. PM me or text me at 515-401-2480 if you feel it necessary! Thanks a lot!

-Josh
[signature]
[quote tob04002]Does anybody have any advice for me? [/quote]

My advice= shoot a big one.
[signature]
Congrats man! That's a sweet hunt. Here's the dealio with the mulies. You can shoot one off the road just about any day of the week, they see lots of cars, not a big deal. But if you want a bruiser of a buck (which are definitely in that area) then you gotta put in the miles on foot. Good thing is there's plenty of public land in that unit. Get a map with some forest service roads (even google earth works pretty well) and get as high as you can in your car, then hike higher. Use your binos lots. Mulies love the high ground. Have fun!!
[signature]
Best advice?
"Don't go out hunting smelling like breakfast. You just may become breakfast."

Plenty of deer in that area. Should be an easy hunt. A little foot work will go a long ways.
[signature]
HAHAHA!!!!!! Bacon and maple syrup is my cover scent of choice.
[signature]