Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake
Fished Fish Lake last weekend. Caught a lot of trout but over all not as big as last year. Trolled KKT dodgers and squid/spinner harnesses and KKT spoons with 6' test on ultra light poles any where from a few feet below surface to 45' deep.In fact, my back hurts today from catching so many fish. A lot of people catching fish with boring pop gear and leaded line. I don't know why anyone would want to catch fish with such heavy gear but that is probably what you fly fisherman are saying about my set-up. To each their own I guess.
Of course perch fishing is as red-hot as ever! I think if you were to take the perch out of that lake the water level would drop 10'. A 1/2" piece of worm on the bottom in the weed beds and you will catch so many perch you will have perma-grin!
Good luck all.
[signature]
Ditto what Shane has reported. I fished for a couple of days pulling (dodger & squid) lead line and had an incredible number of strikes but lost 75% of the fish. Switched to just pulling 6 lb mono and caught 75% and a lot more fun. The trout action is pretty strong, but you toss a lot of smaller fish back.

Perch on perch meat. Found some bigger fish a little deeper off the weed line and the trick was to let the bait rest on the bottom for count of 10 then just make a sweeping hook set. 9 times out of ten - fish on (and a little bigger then the dinks found right in the weeds).

If we could only spread the rain they got at FL this last weekend across the state there would be no worries.
[signature]