Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview smallmouth
Since I am STILL waiting on parts for my boat to come in, I decided to give shore fishing at pineview another shot and actually got a few nice smallies. The water level is dropping more and more every time I go, we even saw a beached boat this time!

[Image: IMG_2351.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2350.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2349.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2348.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2347.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2346.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2344.jpg]

Water level
[Image: IMG_2343.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2342.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2333.jpg]

and the beached boat
[Image: IMG_2340.jpg]
[signature]
Nice going on the bank tangle action! Was debating on taking my pontoon there yesterday but talked myself out of it at the last minute.. Hows the water level effecting the fishing? I see you didn't do to bad. But just overall do you see the lower water as a good or bad thing?
[signature]
Honestly, I'm not really sure. I have been having pretty good luck lately but I've also been trying a lot of new things I haven't done before at pineview. So I'm not sure which it is, or if it's maybe a combination of both.
[signature]
Well whatever your doing seems to be working. I hope I can get up there later this week an get me a few.
[signature]
I believe they call that a "senko stache"...Love it!!!
[signature]
Nice fish Jordan! Looks like you figured them out! That's amazing how much the water has dropped. What's the deal with the beached boat? In years prior I've acutally seen a couple of boats bottom out during low water levels. Thanks for sharing!
[signature]
Thanks! Yeah the water level is crazy. Spots we were catching fish in a couple weeks ago in 10ft of water are clear up on the shore now.
I don't know about the boat, I heard that same boat had been having motor problems the night before so maybe their boat died and got washed up onto the beach? I'm not sure.
[signature]
Glad to see you could get the SMB's to bite with the lowing water levels....last year it was just a little too easy to get into those guys with all the high water. Guess with that boat of yours down, there was plenty of shore for you to fish. Me....I am waiting for the water levels to get back up. Thanks for the pics and the post.
[signature]
That's a nice bunch of fish.

When the water is down like that is when I like to go around and make notes of the structure that attracts that fish that I like to chase. It's easier for find it now then when it's underwater again.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Hey bud, I was the guy on the red/white Nitro that talked to you. It looks like you got some good ones! I'm glad you got a pic of that boat that was beached, I was telling my buddy that I should have taken a pic.
[signature]
Nice smallies. That second picture especially is a nice fish. I have never caught one like that. That's why you use a wacky worm rig I guess. I tried catching them at PV on a little crankbait once after I got frustrated with hours of tiger musky fishing, and only ending up catching the 42" tiger musky in my avatar pic. Those nuisance fish! Just kidding.
[signature]
[quote a_bow_nut]That's a nice bunch of fish.

When the water is down like that is when I like to go around and make notes of the structure that attracts that fish that I like to chase. It's easier for find it now then when it's underwater again.[/quote]

+1 on that. Amazing how hard it is to navigate to a "spot" when all the landmarks change. Pictures can help to, or GPS marks of course.

And yeah - nice fisheses too! I was gonna try throwing some plastice, grubs, or dads at some bass, but they seemed so happy with my little spinner.

Missed opportunity to test some of my CapSpinners - guess I'll just HAVE to go fishing again!!!!
Yeah I agree its nice to see what kind of structure is there when the water is down like that, I'll know what spots to fish for sure now when the water is back up!

And fsh4fun it was nice to meet you guys! Did you ever end up finding any decent fish? That largemouth I was telling you about was a beast, I have been wanting to go try that spot again just in hopes that I might see and possibly catch that one haha.
[signature]
My buddy Cole got into a couple good largies, we had to search hard for them and it was tough to find similar cover anywhere else on the lake with the water so low but we boated around 10 or so. I had a good topwater bite first thing in the morning but they were all dinks, I'll take anything on a topwater so no complaints here. Our biggest smallie was prolly a bit smaller than yours and we worked hard to get him. We thought we had things figured out on the smallies but water levels are the toughest thing for me to over come on new water. I haven't fished Pineview much so seeing how much cover that there could be when the water is up is like a dream.
I'm sure that big largie hasn't gone far, there is a dead brushpile about 7' off shore in that area where we met that I pulled one out of. If the water level doesn't drop too fast I bet you can find him there, I want to see a pic of that bad boy!
[signature]
nice chunky smallies you got there, ive never fished it open water just ice fishing but i have landed 2 four pound smallies through the ice. maybe i need to try my luckat some bassin in my tube and maybe a suprise tiger. nice fish Jordan
[signature]
My buddy and I went out on Friday morning and we did pretty good on the smallies. Nothing as big as the one in your pics, but the largest one was about 16.5". Thinking about going back out tomorrow morning.
[signature]
Nice! I was also thinking about going for a bit tomorrow morning
[signature]
I'm in a green and gold nitro, so say what's up if I run into you out there!
[signature]
I drove up to scout it out this evening. Its not as low as I thought it would be but lower then its beer in a few years. Ill be up there in a orange and gray pontoon. kind of torn on where to launch. I know plenty of free places but can't decide where will be best...
[signature]
See you guys there!
[signature]