Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASH!!!
man this is the worst!!! on the sunday morning trip, there was a thick film of ash over the water! it was about 1/4" thick!!![shocked]

i think that really affected the fishing. but the conditions werent very good either. the current and winds werent cooperating with us. errrrrr oh well.

we got 40 barracuda 60 bass 16 rockfish and 12 sculpin. or something like that. i forgot. all i know is that the count sucked! oh well.....thats fishin'!!!

joe
[signature]
whenever someone would bring a line in, it would be black!!! i had some nice CLEAN blue izorline, and one cast with it... BLACK!!!

i think it stained my line! the afternoon trip, the water was clear. so i washed off my line in it. my line is greyish blue...nothing is helping

joe
[signature]
uh that was kinda random dont ya think???

after all, this IS a FISHING website.

I have an idea. how about you donate your computer to those people that are losing their homes so that i dont have to put up with you.[mad]

joe
[signature]
the only thing I know that will help is dawn dish washing soap.

but the best thing I would sugest is that you wait till the fires are out. then wait a couple days then pull all the line off your reels clean the spools and guides then respool.

Man what a tragity, I just saw the satilight pictures of the fires over there, looks like valcanic action with fire rivers in the valleys.

my prayrs go out to you all out that way. this is certainly the worst I have seen in california during my life time.

[Image: night.fire.jpg]

[font "helvetica, arial"][/font]

[font "helvetica, arial"]Fires have charred thousands of acres in Southern California [/font]

[font "arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][size 1][/size][/font] [font "arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][size 1][url "javascript:vod('/video/us/1998/10/06/lamotte.socal.fires.ns56.html','California brush fire suddenly grows into monstrous size')"][/url][/size][/font]
[signature]
well the water is actually cleaning up a little bit. it was real bad sunday morning, but in the afternoon it was clear and had no ash in sight. so maybe it is gone and off the water.
the air is cleaning up a little bit where i am at also.

thank you for your concern dave. we all are hoping for the best.

joe
[signature]
[size 2]Mr. guest,[/size]

[size 2]You have certainly missed the mark here, [/size]

[size 2]The boys here have adequately pointed out that no one in the area have gone unshaved by this disaster. And the report is most defiantly welcome. As all accounts of this disaster is welcome. Newsreels are always short in revealing the total picture and the boys have done good here....[/size]

[size 2]Yes lives are lost along with much real estate not only on land but water as well, a lot natural loss will be tabulated with this when all is said and done. [/size]

[size 2]The ash that is plaguing the oceans will certainly have detrimental affect on the lives of every thing living in the natural areas.[/size]

[size 2]I don’t know how much you have personally lost in this devastations, my prayers certainly go out for you as well, I understand this is a threatening situation and there is no way of telling what is going to happen in the next few days. "Reports on news reels have reported is saying".[/size]

[size 1]I wish you well… and hope you will take in consideration there is no monopoly on any ones brand of pain and loss. These young lads may not be as articulate with their descriptions and accounts as you may be but they are doing their best, and should be commended and not condemned for their efforts. [/size]
[signature]
Well said Dave.

DH, Where are you getting all the Barracuda, I need one for the 16 species contest before Friday (last day of the contest). Any ideas?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Hey there Guest,

Well thought out, focused comment. Too bad it didn't belong here or directed toward someone talking about fishing, in my humble opinion.

The B word naughty naughty! We have children reading these posts.

Boy do I feel guilty and selfish that I'm fishing while there's starvation, war's, disasters existant in the world today and I've chosen to not spend my time to eradicate them.

JapanRon
[signature]
the horseshoe kelp! just look for the birds man. and if it is real urgent, follow the sportboats.

pssst.... i'll give you some if you want! [laugh][laugh][Wink]

yea right...just kidding.

good luck

i probably blew up on that last post of mine. that was unneccesary. sorry guys.

joe
[signature]
I concur.I am surprised you allow guest to post at all. Other boards I visit do not allow it which stops hit and run posters like that knucklehead.

Californians are used to getting beat up and getting back up. Earthquakes, floods, fires, riots you name it. We get them all the time.

People who decide to live in danger zones do so knowing someday they can wake up to what is happening now. It is Sad but it the same sense they had to know sooner or later there number was up.

So to those victims effected by the fire, Californians feel for you. I read the stories everyday. There is an outpouring of volunteers, donations and fire fighters coming in from everywhere. We will recover and life will go on. Keep the faith.

A.S.
[signature]

Hey there swimfan,

Thank you for your straightforward question.

I have a policy that I hope is with the spirit of BFT delete or edit guidlines. Unless a person 1) Uses filthy language (the b word is unfortunately quite common on many even tame boards) 2) Makes threats, or 3) attacks someone personally but..... I feel the post is inappropriate I'll PM them unless they are guests. If the post is off topic this I let them understand through a smart remark or too. If they are guest, they've got 12 hours to edit it them selves.

One point as to why I leave a post like that on for awhile is to let our other visitors see how we handle those sorts of posts. If the perp doesn't get it and refrain from whatever, then there ain't no second chance.

Some people thought they were cute by changing IP address or registering different names with yahoo, but there garbage still comes through loud and clear. If they stay inbounds fine if they remain off topic they'll be gone after I tell them to go to the BFT not necessarily fishing board.

I will continue this policy until the powers that be advise me I need to tighten the reins a little. Or the person begins to disrupt the general peace of the board.

JapanRon
[signature]

Hi there releaseit,

Nice to have you post. Hopefully you're an angler looking for a nice place to visit and talk fishing. Feel free to share past or present fishing trips, reports or questions our way..... especially concerning California.

I am rather pro-free speech to a point. Everyone gets enought rope..... and some hang themselves. ha ha I've expained my three precepts of editing a post and that may change.

I'm no wimp (you didn't imply so) but I've experienced that when some people understand the ground rules they perk right up and become excellent contributors.

Again, welcome,

JapanRon
[signature]