Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRAPPIE
[cool]Is anybody else catchin the crappie like I am here in Bald Knob Ar.? Today I caught a 2 pounder and a couple pound & a half crappie, besides a stringer full of little ones. I caught them using a blue and white jig and a bobber. Just wondering if anybody else is having as good of luck. fellow angler, Dennis Gardner
[signature]
thats totaly awsom,,,,

great report. what depths were you targeting?

you may want to check to see if you meet one of your yearly state records.

dont forget to take pictures of your catches, you never know when you may have a record of a wopper... be sure to stick in a tape measure for validation. and if you want to share them here you are more than welcome to.... we encurage it....
[signature]
Thanks for replying davetclown. I did measure it and it was 14 inches long. Unfortunatly,I didnt have a camera to take a picture. I took it to a pond owned by my uncle and turn it loose in there, along with a bunch of little crappie. Where excactly do I look for yearly records? I was fishing only about a foot and a half deep. I havent done real good the last two days. The tempature here in Bald Knob, AR has been about 20 degrees warmer. Thanks again for your reply. Dennis
[signature]
well you start looking in your state government web site. they should have a link to their natural resorces pages, if you can not find it there you can even email them and they should provide you with this information.

I think you would at least have to have a picture of it. 14 inch crappie is a deasent fish, I have caught them about 17 inch but they are far and few between.

if you cant find it on your own or do not have the time, give me a hollar and I will dig it up for you.
[signature]

Hey there DenDen,

Welcome to BFT from way over in southern California. Crappie are a great little fish. Was he a white, black, or speckled Crappie? I noticed some people call the black Crappied speckled too.

I believe your official state freshwater fish is the most colorful state fish in the U.S. If I caught him, I'd think he'd escaped from an aquarium! cool

Please do be careful (as I'm sure you are) of moving fish from one place to another. Sometimes other varmits hitch-hike on those innocent little fishies. ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
Hello DenDen,

Welcome to the boards.

Glad to hear you have been on the fish. Those are some decent size Crappie (2 pounder)! Good luck and we'll look forward to your reports!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Davetclown, if you could help me out , I sure would appreciate it alot. I tried finding it for about an hour but didnt have any luck. I didnt take a real good picture of it, but I would like to know the yearly records,because there is bigger ones than that , and I've been having real good luck here lately. Thanks alot, Dennis Gardner
[signature]
JapanRon, it was a white crappie. I've put alot of fish out of the same area, and they have been alright. Thanks alot for your reply. I'll look forward to chating with ya. Dennis Gardner
[signature]
i've been catching them on red and white micro spinners below the dam for the last month , nuttin to brag about in size , mostle 7 or 8 inches . gonna hit the big lake sometime this weekend to see if there really in like one of my buddies said they were .

i think there's a state record string on this sites home page , have you looked there ?

ya been catching anything else ?
[signature]
[left][font "Arial"][#003e00][size 5][url "http://www.agfc.com/fishing/fishrecords_all.html"]Arkansas Sportfishing Records[/url][/size][/#003e00][/font][/left] [left][url "http://www.agfc.com/fishing/fishrecords_all.html"]http://www.agfc.com/fishing/fishrecords_all.html[/url][/left] [center][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 2][url "http://www.agfc.com/fishing/fishrecords_rules.html"]Rules for Establishing Arkansas Sportfishing Records[/url][/size][/#0000ff][/font][/center] [center][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 2]the above links should get you started, the state has been moving its site. this is why so much troubles were experienced when searching.[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/center] [center][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 2]I did not find a current yearly record but you can contact the fishery commision thrugh this site to see if they have this program.[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/center]
[signature]
[url "http://www.agfc.com/agfc/offices.html"][font "Arial"][#606420][size 2]Contact AGFC[/size][/#606420][/font][/url]

Send an email to AGFC: [url "mailto:information@agfc.state.ar.us"][#0000ff]information@agfc.state.ar.us[/#0000ff][/url]

[font "Arial"][size 2]Fisheries Division[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]501-223-6428[/size][/font]
[signature]
hey dennis , hows the fishing going ? ya' got any trips planned for the new year ?
[signature]