Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishin Buddy mount
Does any one have an idea on how to make a mount for a Humminbird Fishin Buddy. I just won one on Ebay and can't afford a Scotty. My wife wants to kill me for bidding on it to start with. Creating the taper is what has me perplexed. Has any one used one of these, mine is the 110, it only has down scan. Thanks.
[signature]
What do you want to mount it too?

I have the 120 and as I was looking at it I figured I could line the inside a piece of pvc pipe with some neopreme or foam rubber to create a snug fit instead of trying to figure out how to fit to the tapered part.

Another idea would be to take a PVC tee and drill a hole in the side and thread it for a set screw.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I am mounting it on a Bucks Bags Bullet float tube, Scotty's are to expensive and Mountain Cork's have bad reviews regarding upper and lower fit
[signature]
While I was getting my bracket made up for my tube I just used a piece of 1/8" inch rope to lash my finder to the side of my tube.

I tied the rope to the top of the post then wraped it around the tube and down around the bottom part of the post in the same way that you tie off the anchor rope to the cleat on a boat.

It might be a little redneck but it works until you can get your final set up put together.
[signature]
I have the 120 and found a mount at cabelas for 30 bucks that works great. It seems pretty simple to make but I think I would have ended up paying around 30 to make it anyway so I just bought mine. Good luck!
[signature]
Here is the one I made for my son. I glued the tapered piece to the T. Ron

[Image: 5-9-09TTT.jpg]
[signature]
Never mind, I got it, That's what I'm looking for, Is there something in the bottom to keep it from wobbling around to much? The complaint with the new Cabela's mount is it wobbles around
[signature]
Thanks Ron, that tube looks similar to my bullet, question, does the mount on the right side attach to the rod holders on the left? I wish it rode higher in the water, Oh well, Again thanks, I got the idea now, Thanks to everyone that responded, You Guys and Gals and this forum are the best!!!!!
[signature]
The rod holder and the fish finder are separate. They both have a small elastic cord that clips to the bottom on the back pack D rings. This keeps them upright. Ron
[signature]
Thanks Ron, time to assault some PVC tomorrow, only I think I will link both sides together to try to create some additional floatation to get my fat butt a little higher out of the water. I will figure something out to offset the additional lift in the rear.

[signature]
I'm not trying to rob this thread, but how does everyone like the fishin buddy for their floats?
[signature]
This will keep a fat butt out of the water. Ron

[Image: SC02.jpg]
[signature]
My son likes his a lot. A friend of mine has the high grade model and likes his a whole bunch. I hate them when I am with them their buddy's interrupt my fish finder.
Ron
[signature]
I will know in a few days, once I get the mount fabricated. I will let you know, of course mine only looks down.
[signature]
Yup, that would work, someda.......... when I get the money saved.
[signature]
I have no complaints so far, but for the most part all I want to know is how deep it is and the water temp. Have been playing with the side finder portion also and it seems to work pretty good. As I watch the carp down on Utah roll and feed it picks them up most of the time.

One thing to remember is that these units are not made to cut through the water very well and if you have them mounted to something that can move through the water at a good pace it will give you problems.
[signature]
Bought the Cabelas strap on mount for my Fishin Buddy 110 and had a bunch of issues. Would not allow the finder to set down inside of the cup and wobbled like crazy. Found the dimensions not to be the same as the BFT-1 model made by Hummingbird which solves the upper fit but where the transducer wand pokes out the bottom still has wiggle. To fix this a piece of foam pipe insulation that looks like a basic brown smaller diameter pool noodle toy wrapped around the wand and pushed into the tube portion of the holder works great ! As for the Cabelas model I fixed this by getting a 3 inch to 2 inch pvc reducer joint and a 1 ft piece of 2 inch srap pvc tube. the reducer is a near perfect fit for the top of the finder housing and can be improved by applying a layer of foam camper seal tape inside the rim of the reducer. The 2 inch portion of pvc pipe that extends off the reducer fits nice and tight into the original drop tube in the Cabelas holder if you cut the silky liner out of the inside and raises the entire finder a few inches and is a nice advantage. The piece of pipe insulation inside the 2 inch pipe drop tube must be used here as well to stabilize the transducer. If you want good return images on your finder it must be stable and pointing directly downward to get a proper return image.
[signature]
TOJIACKFLOATMAN, I saw your review on the Cabela's site and it is what swayed me away from them. I think it is either similar to or made for them by Mountain Cork (found on Ebay). The picture is identical. Thanks for the information. I figured twitching around in the seat would be a problem, yours sounds like a good solution, so I will make a setup using a combination of your and Ron's. Thanks again everyone for the input. Bob
[signature]
Okay, the Humminbird 110 arrived today, I measured everything and went to the local HD and bought a 3 in. X
2 in. Fernco rubber coupling , a 2 ft piece of 2 in. PVC pipe, a 90deg elbow foam insulation for 1in pipe to take up the slack and a package of 2 cam clamp straps 8 ft long. Tomorrow during the heat of the day I will be in the garage playing!

[Image: 0f4f8c9e-1869-419c-8397-f1d9f325ae55_300.jpg]

The reason I'm going with the rubber coupling is it will "grab" the plastic of the housing. I will post pictures when its finished.
[signature]
That's a good idea. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
[signature]