Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAD WEEK
GONNA BE A SAD WEEK THIS WEEK AT MY HOUSE..IM GONNA PUT MY BOAT UP FOR THE WINTER [Sad]...ONE MORE DAY OF FISHING ...LONEHUNTER .... DAVE ...YOU 2 WANNA GO LET ME KNOW ..[pirate]
[signature]
i have to head up to the hardware tomorow after work , i'll stop by after that . i'm not sure about working this weekend yet . [unsure]

[mad] old man winter , go away ! bassass and lonehunter want to play !

ya know i hear dave is already putting up winter decorations and playing the chipmonks cristmass album to entice jack frost into visiting us . [crazy] you can bet the very first day there's a thin crust of ice on the shore line he's gonna let us know about it , BIGTIME ! LOL !
[signature]
[cool]Yo...BA. You live in the wrong state. I'm the mod for the Arizona board and the float tubing board. Lonehunter suggested I check in and stir you up a bit. I used to fish the pro circuit and I have caught at least two or three bass in my career.

Sorry you have to tuck your baby in for the winter. If you were here in Phoenix, you would be laying in a supply of spoons and big Castaic Trout for the winter shindig. Our water stays over 85 for several months, and the bass are tough...especially in heavily water-skied waters. But, when the temps drop below 70, our fisheries department plants rainbow trout for the "bottle brigade" (powerbait fans). The big bass put on their bibs and come in for dinner. We get lots of 10s every year, with more than a few up to 15. State record is just over 16, with one released last year that unofficially weighed 17-2.

While you guys are shoveling snow, we are out casting in shorts and tee shirts (BFT, of course). Have you ever fished any of the lakes in Arizona? Here's a link to the weekly fishing report, if you wanna feel bad:

[url "http://www.gf.state.az.us/h_f/edits/weekly_fishing.html"]http://www.gf.state.az.us/h_f/edits/weekly_fishing.html[/url]
[signature]
nope never been too arizona...... but i sure would love too some day .... i been too FL bass fishing OMG talk about 10 lbs hahahahahaha many ....do you have small mouth out there ??? we got the hog smallies i got many over 6 lbs ..... rainbows ? when they plant them here we go walleye fishing ....got many of those down there ?? cant wait for the ice ....pack up my tip ups a jig poles and head for the landings too fish walleyes and perch.. it would be nice too live where it is warm all the time ..i bet you just love it ? yeah its a Sad day when the boat goes up for the winter... thanks lone hunter ..now i feel really bad...... hey tubedude ..where did you fish on the pro circuit...ever run into my buddy kevin vandam???
[cool]I fished mostly western bass, back in the olden days. Most tournaments in California, with the occasional trip to Mead and Powell. That was in the days when there was no money and few sponsors. You had to be independently wealthy to afford your habit. Sometimes made back expenses.

Arizona is a surprising state. Most people picture it as nothing but sand and cactus. But, an unknown statistic is that there are more boats per capita than any other state. There are several decent reservoirs within easy driving distance of the major population centers, so everybody gets a boat to play in the water. It's either that or lay under the air conditioning for 9 months of the year.

We have moutains over 10,000 feet, and several areas with pine trees, running streams and trout lakes. We DO have smallmouth, largemouth, northern pike and walleyes...however, our only good perch pond has been dry for almost three years in the drought. Our state record walleye is over 16 pounds, and smallmouth is about 7.5, I think. There are largemouth over 18...netted in fisheries surveys, but the catch record is just under 17.

I used to work for a company out of FLorida, so I got in several good off duty trips...guided by the locals. My biggest largie was 15-13 out of a no name lake in central Florida. Caught plenty in the 10 range in Okeechobee on live shiners. Also hooked a 6 foot gator...but I didn't lip him.

As I mentioned, I lived quite a while in California and have fished most of the big bass waters from San Diego to the Oregon border. Biggest fish from California waters was an estimated 14 pounder from Otay, near San Diego. Also played with some biggies from Lake Casitas, when I lived in Santa Barbara.

I have never met Kevin, but have watched him on a lot of the televised tournaments. He does win his share.

Let me know when the bottom drops out of your thermometer and I will PM some nice warm Arizona sunshine. At least that's what I promised lonehunter last year. Then he sent me a pic of him in shorts...with his bony white legs...and that did it. We already have enough of those from the annual snowbird migration. The leaves don't change here, but the license plates do.
[signature]
wooo very cool tubedude...my little sis used too live in arizona ..her husband was a INS officer..i never got out there too see them ..they told me there was alot of water out there ... they lived on the border in nagolis....not sure of the spelling...... its cold already ...i do mason work so i dont work in the winter awhole lot..just fish and hunt...WHAT A LIFE get any good deals on tubes?????
[signature]
[cool]That area around Nogales is a good fishing area. There are several little lakes down there with both bass and big crappies...and some flathead cats up to 60 pounds. Here's a pic of a couple of 3 pound crappies I took tubin' in the "cold" part of the year...down to 60 degrees...in Patagonia Lake. That's only about 20 minutes from Nogales.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage0041954.jpg]

If you are serious about looking for a tube, come on over and visit us on the float tubing board at [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=81"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=81[/url]; We have a lot of threads from the past doing product reviews...and offering guidelines for choosing a craft. Once you decide what you need, then you can shop for price.

I fish a lot out of a tricked out Super Fat Cat (by Outcast). I have it rigged with sonar and rod racks...for up to five rods. I have a hell of a time getting it up on plane though. Here's a pic with a baby Arizona largie.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage3072351.jpg]
[signature]
dont you beleive a single word AL tells you, I do not have the chipmunks album playing. I have its a charlie brown christmas vidio playing over and over.... lol

yep I went out last week and got me some new 4 pound and 2 pound test ice line and am getting ready to start tying 2 pound crappie leaders and tear drop leaders for the gills. getting ready to respool the reels with the new 4 lb ice line.

I am exspecting a foot of fresh snow on november 22nd or 23rd and expect to be on the lake instead of in the lake with my waders by december 15th.

you can beleive AL when he says that when I see that first snow flake I am going to be all over the boards with reports chilling enough to give Tubedude goose bumbs all the way from michigan..[shocked].

after standing in the lake for the last 6 months, a nice tube to sit in will be nice next year. maybe if I havent told to many fish stories this year santa will bring me a nice tube for christmas.[angelic]..... (thats a super fatcat chance lol)
[signature]
HAAHAHAH SORRY TUBEDUDE ...I WAS TALKING ABOUT TUBE BAITS ..NOT FLOAT TUBES.....
[signature]
[cool]That's okay. I get cases of mistooken identity all the time. But, I do use tubes too. If I can't get what I want at my local tackletorium, I usually go to BassProShops or Barlows, in Richardson, TX. Don't know if you have ever checked them out but they are at barlowstackle.com. Good stuff at good prices.
[signature]