Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing at Stone
[#502800]I used to hang out around Stone Reservoir in Idaho when I was a youngster ........ It should be a nice place for tubing or tooning .......... I heard that they have big Crappie and Perch ........ Can anyone confirm these rumors?[/#502800]
[#502800][/#502800]
[#502800]The reservoir is north of Snowville.[/#502800]
[signature]
I have fished Stone a couple of times this year. Planter trout and water skiers are the main attractions. There is also a nice selection of carp [cool]. In the past I have caught some 7-8 inch perch along with the trout up close to the dam area, but I haven't yet this year. I have tried for the rumored crappie and bass, but I haven't had any luck on catching any. I would love to know how or where.

The upper end of the reservoir is shallow and fills in with weeds. The dam end is dominated by a few ski boats. The res is so narrow you can't get away from the power crowd enough to fish. I had a friend who's canoe was swamped there by the wake waves.
[signature]
[#502800]I thought that the reservoir would hold promise for warmwater species ....... I think I have fished for a lot of rumored fish in my life.[/#502800]
[signature]