Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And now we begin the wait .
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1382;]
[signature]
[cool] Hey there lonehunter, looks like you are all ready to go. For some reason I didn't see a fishing pole in the picture. Do you just call them out by name? ha ha. I sure miss ice fishing. I lived in Utah for a couple of years and that was one of the hightlights of fishing there.
[signature]
I'm with ya man-was fishin monday up in the hills and some small ponds were frozen solid.The big lake I was fishin was 43 deg.F It wont be long now,I'm still lookin to be on 3 0r 4 in. of ice by Nov. 22nd. WOO-HOO!!
[signature]
[cool]The thicker the better, safety wise. It just makes more work for the auger. I do get to do alot more float tubing here in So.Cal. But now we have a new dilema. While you use an ice auger, I need to find an ash auger. It is falling pretty good over here. Almost looks like a fresh powder snow storm. But the flakes sure taste nasty.
[signature]
Bummer about the fires dude-I lost one of my best "sleeper" lakes in the Colo. fires last year.They might re-open it next May.If it aint one thing its another.
[signature]
my drule cycles are enlongating on my wiskers with envey....

Ice fishing sure is a sport only for the diehard angler. harder the water the harder the angler it takes to get at them swim things.

it wont be long now "I hope here in south michigan" I am looking forward to an early season...

I dont envey the ash thing, thats gotta be hard on the nerves. I have seen the satelite pics, looks like valcanic action.
[signature]
Sorry to hear about it bro. I've got a lot of family in southern Cali. My cousin says that when she goes to work she has to wipe off the windshield so she can see and then does the same to get home after work.

Not sure if it's true but I heard that fires swept through Big Bear Lake area and Lake Arrowhead area as well. Hope the ashes don't cause fish-kill.

In the meantime, come up here and let the temps get you ready for winter!
[signature]
Hey thereDDR, Yea those fires were nasty. Especially the San Bernardino Mountain fire. It did get up close to the lake from what I heard on the news. That would be a bummer because I was planning to go fishing there in a few weeks.

The stupidest thing about that particular fire was that it was started by a carless hunter. Not all hunters think like the rest of us.

The hunter was lost in the forrest and decided to shoot off a signal flare. DUMMMMMMMMMMMMB!!!!!![shocked][shocked][shocked] What kind of idiot would fire a flare gun in the middle of a dry forrest. I'm sure by now he is just as embarrased and dumbfounded as the guy who messed everything up for the Cubs in that baseball game.
[signature]
musta been one of those Citiot hunters , gotta have all those extra gadgets .

just think , if he had come to this site and asked us about what is needed , he wouldn't be thinking about what he'll be doing for the next couple dozen years in jail . 20 something people killed , 26000 holmes burned and bigger than the staTE OF RODEISLAND .

[mad]HOW MANY LIVES WERE DESTROYED BY THAT PUTTS ??????[mad]
[signature]
Luckily my parents live on the eastern side of the mountains and the winds been blowing the flames away from them. But the fires, from what I understand, came dangerously close to the church camp that I always went to and even worked at one summer. I'd hate to see that place burn down especially with the beautiful lodge they built.

It's amazing the stupid things people do. Have things cleared up with the recent sprinkles?
[signature]
[cool] I don't know about San Diego area, but the fires in Chatworth, Simi Valley area are extinguished and they are almost fully contained with the San Bernardino fires. What has helped the most was a wind change. It was blowing the fire back over top of the previously burned area. And there have been dense low clouds as well. It did rain a bit which is helping with the final smouldering. Thanks for your concern.[Smile]
[signature]