Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My elk camp is on fire
Who else out there is in this boat. I hunt 43 and the trinity ridge fire has me looking for a new place. I might hunt area 50 again. I ran into elk out there some. I hunted it about 6 years ago for 3 years, but have been in 43 the last 6 years. I am glad i did not put my trail cameras out there or they would be melted plastic. The crappy part is I already got my tags for the smokey Smokey Mountain Range.
[signature]
Bummer. I feel your pain even though my locations are still doing okay at this point. You do know that you can exchange your tag as long as your season hasn't opened yet, right?
[signature]
yup. We are having a hunting planning party this weekend to discuss and going to exchange tags right after that probably. Thanks for feeling my pain.
[signature]
That sucks about your area. I've been watching the fires and so far the areas I hunt look ok (though unsure where I'm hunting this year till 2nd draw results). Good luck this year, have hunted 50 some in the past.
[signature]
Well it looks like I will be heading to Boise to swap out my bow elk 43 to cow muzzloader in 39 on Friday. I still do not get to hunt the entire area. The closed off area is huge around the fire. Well at least i get to go camping a week...but no camp fire[mad]. Does anyone know of private area that let people hunt in 39 for cows? PM if ya do.
[signature]