Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfishing Rivers
Hey guys had some questions in regard's to bait and some other stuff. First off has anyone ever used that Charlies Dip bait? The cheese or Blood flavor? I tried it the other day with now luck at all, But everyone and all the reviews/Basspro/cabelas are 5/5 with like 20+ reviews. Are there special techniques you need to have when using it? Also is there a particular time or best time to fish for catfish? I normally fish around 7pm-2am, And have a bite or two the whole time. I mostly use Bluegill or crawlers for cats but always end up getting Bass/Carp. With the exception of last night(today) Fished from 2am-10am (I know that's ridiculous) don't hate I got no life lol[bobWink]
I managed to catch one smaller channel cat on a crawler but it was like 9 inches long. And my first northern pike that was 27" (Not gunna lie it was pretty epic).

Also does anyone know any particular good rigs for catfishing? (I am in Michigan) would like to keep it legal if I can Smile

Thanks a bunch

-Later
[signature]
I am pretty suprised, you can never go wrong with crawlers, and you're lucky to be in a state were you can use bluegill, they are usually an awesome bait for BIG cat's!! I have never used Charles Dip but Danny King makes a great "stink bait" I have caught many cats with!

If I had to bet I would say it's more the spot your fishing then the bait. Your fishing a great time of night with solid baits, I would try switching up your spot!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
stick to bends in rivers. Do you have a boat or bank fishing? August and september are excellent months and the time your going is good. If ya want bigger cats stick to the bluegills,shad, and skipjack. Eating size nightcrawlers work good. I have never been a big fan of dip baits mainly because i like bigger cats and they tend to catch the smaller ones. Check out catfishingpro.com lots of knowledgable people on there that will share alot of info.
[signature]
Nice am also like cat fishing, last time on my dubai desert safari am also enjoy fishing in Dubai . [fishon]
[signature]