Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 8-17-12
3 juvenile pike, 2 carp. 2 of the pike were taken on crank baits, one on a flat fish. One carp on a crank bait (mouth hooked), and one carp taken via castmaster tipped with a gulp alive minnow, vertically jigged.

I didn't get any love on my top water Zara[Image: sad.gif] But on the good side the wind never really picked up. I was in amazement when the water was glass at 12 pm! Overall it was a fun trip, got to scratch pike off my list of fish to catch, but fishing was pretty tough most of the day. The first pike was caught after five minutes on the water, the next two came at the exact same time at like 10 am. I love the chaos when something like that happens, I'm grabbing the net and trying to lug the fish into it, while my buddy is battling his fish hoping I can get the net to him. A million things are going through your head and you know that if you have a 40" pike on, you're going to need some help. That wasn't the case, but that's what's running through your mind in a split second. Anyways a worth while trip.
[signature]
Glad you got into some pike dude . I am not surprised you got carp on lures i have done that before. I havent had any luck on top water lures either seems the pike are a few feet of the bottom.I had lunch with Blake the other day he is doing good and i have been trying to convince him to go to yuba for some pike.Guess he loves deer creek .
[signature]