Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry
Don't do these kind of reports anymore, but there was some interest here. No Tigers, Lions or Bears, just Trout on the Fly[cool]

We hit the Strawberry bay at around 8:30 and hit the water by 9. Water temp was a nice 61 degrees...
I loaded up three rods. One with an Intermediate, special bugger and a Gartside Softhackle. Then a Type II with a Bunny leech and a bugger, and third was 350 grain Depth Charge loaded with a Gartside and a a bugger.
After about 36 minute set up via the LVM pump and top off with K pump, stringing rods, hippers/flippers hubby and Baxter were under way:
[Image: 007.jpg]

I went to the right to a little bay, but this bay was up to 80' deep. I found fish in the 20' area and hunkered down casting intermediate.
[Image: 012.jpg]
Catch was good till around 11ish. Then it slowed down.
I noticed on sonar the fish were being spotted in 27' at 30' depth, so I switched to my type II rod and line.
Bite back on and all is good
[Image: 010.jpg]
One very long, big headed trout, but rest were fat and healthy
[Image: 003.jpg]
This went on till about noon when the wind had picked up pretty good and the water temp up a degree. I switched to the Depth Charge and was now fishing in 70' of water with fish showing at around 67'.
[Image: 001.jpg]

It was a great day, and all fish were revived and released
[signature]
Great stuff FG. [Smile]
[signature]
Nice Catch !!! Floating strawberry looks like a blast. Hey a whats the crazy thing on your wrist ?
[signature]
Nice catches. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
I have a GoPro and that is the new wireless remote
[signature]
Bad ass I want one!!![Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]
Quote:
I have a GoPro and that is the new wireless remote

wireless? dang thats PRO! Nice pictures

hope your video came out good[blush]
[signature]
Common you gota catch a tiger with a trout [laugh]. Ya that cool that gopro have a small watch thing now. Ehhh i wish i had one [sly] Watch out berry lake next year when ice is going away FFL is comming with all the wollies you can eat. Nice fish and report.
[signature]
Nice report FG - Fall Fishing at Strawberry is just around the corner. Glad you found 'em.

gaeter
[signature]
Looks like you guys had a good time! No chironomids this trip??? What do you use to determine which flies you're going to use for the day? Obviously, can't go wrong with a bugger or leech.
[signature]
I might hit strawberry maybe in 3 weeks depends but for sure i will have more freedom next year when my school is winding down and ice is shredding off because i never been to berry in my life but id love to go ive heard tons about the fishing in fall and spring when ice is slowly decaying.
[signature]
i miss home [frown]
[signature]
Nice fish! What's that on your wrist? Gopro remote?
[signature]
Thanks, just a sample of a wonderful day.
Yes it is the GoPro Remote. Pretty slick unit. Specially when weary camera on your head or on a mount behind you on a pontoon. Next they are coming out with the ap for phones so you can see what you are videoing.
My next purchase will be the underwater case. It comes with one, but they have one that is wonderful underwater.
I love your pictures!
[signature]