Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New reels that won't break the bank
Allen Fly Fishing gear. Justin and Evan are always looking to improve on the gear they carry.
The new AST line was introduced earlier this year. I got the AST 9' 6 wt four piece rod and it is fantastic. A Medium Action rod in beautiful red.
[Image: IMG_4274.jpg]

Recently they have added some new reels. Fantastic drag, well made reels.\The New AST reel

[Image: 006.jpg]
[Image: 008.jpg]

This is a great reel and the price is very friendly.

There will be a new one out soon and I have got to play with the Proto Type. I have this in a 7/8 wt for my Carp fishing.
This reel is SOLID!!!
[Image: 010.jpg]
[Image: 019.jpg]
Just sharing this great find I came across.
[signature]
Awesome .. I keep looking back and forth at their stuff and just cant justify a purchase... and its not them.. its money.. but I will say they have some awesome deals that usually run weekly.. and if Im not mistaken arent they doing a big holiday weekend sale right now..

did I read right.. they now have lines???

and you are testing prototypes??

MacFly :-)
[signature]
Actually, these are proto type. I am trying to get the juices flowing. There is a NEW Trout II that is so smooth, light weight and beautiful. Price will be $139. I think but this is so worth that.
Not sure about the lines. I think they tried that but to keep the quality was tough so, I think they discontinued fly line.

The reels on sale right now is the best you will ever find IMHO at a discontiued price that is very nice. I have three of them on order.
[signature]
what and you didnt order me one for my 4 wt sage for Christmas ?? ... :-)..

I will agree that is a great price .. but again use versus cost is the argument that I get all the time..

have a good one sis...

MacFly
[signature]