Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot new camera!!!!!
[cool] Hey there fellow anglers?Hunters!!!!

I have a hot new item from Wallys World(Wallmart). It is a digital camera built into binoculars and it takes great pics. It has a resolution of 600x480 in high mode and takes 52 pics at this level and 320x280 in low mode and takes 209 pics. here is a picture from my actual camera at 200yds.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1391;]

You probably figured out that I am in SoCal and that is smoke in the background.

this is what the camera looks like under poor lighting.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1357;]

it is a megapix B350.
[signature]
aWESOME IDEA. hOW MUCH DO THEY RUN?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[size 2]How much??[/size]
[signature]

Hi theangler,

Really cool techno-gadget that's a gotta have item in the future. I had never heard of them for civilian use but saw there's lots of different models/manufacturers with prices ranging from $55 to nearly $400.

I want to know the price of tubeN2's pair too.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool] Hey guys, That particular one was only $59 at Wallys World. You can choose the higher resolution for super prints(need to resize them for posting here) and the lower resolution makes the pics just the right size for posting on this site without having to edit or modify them. It works from a minimum distance of @40' on up.

You can find them in the photo dept. I havn't seen them anywhere else yet. Just imagine them on a hunting trip. You could get more pics of the one that got away.
[signature]
I was wondering how good they actually worked. The picture you took is nice and clear. I'll hafta put that on my wish list. If Santa checks his good boy list he should see my name on it.
[signature]
[Wink] ARE THEY FILM ,OR ARE THEY DIGITAL ?

[signature]
Hey there Flagmanonice, that binocular camera is 100% digital. It also makes a good stocking stuffer. I didn't have time to wait and put it on my wish list for santa. Sometimes santa clause determines what I need and it usually isn't even close to fishing related.
[signature]
[Wink] THANKS TUBEN2 , THAT TOOK A NICE PICTURE , AND BEING DIGITAL EVEN MAKES IT BETTER YET !!!!

>
[signature]
It also comes with a decent holster/case that attaches to the belt. the camera will also fit into most camera cases that are of a square size. A neck cord also comes attached.
[signature]
here is the killer question, what about batteries?

what kind?

how many?

what is the life expectancy of the battery, how many pictures will I get of one set of batteries

and finaly dose this camera take memory chips?
[signature]
It comes with 2 AA batteries(cheapo type) there are no slots for memory cards but it does take 52 pics at high resolution and 209 at the lower resolution. I will read further in the manual as to the life expextancy and I'll get back to you.
[signature]
I stand corrected Dave. I will list for you the info that they provide.

Specifications

Resolution 640x480 CMOS

Memory 8MB SDRAM internal only

Image Storage 52 images at 640x480 resolution

209 images at 320x240 resolution

Viewfinder full featured 8x21 binocular

Status Display Monochrome LCD

Zoom 5x fixed

Aperture f4.0

Focal range fixed(13 meters to infity)

Focal length 33mm(Equivalent to 230mm on a

standard 35mm camera

Shutter speed Automatic-up to 1/8000 second

Self timer 10 seconds

Image format jpg,bmp

power 2 AAA bateries (included)

Tripod mount yes

Interface USB

I originally said that it took AA not AAA. Sorry.
[signature]
Which make and model is it? And why can't I find it at my Wal-Mart? They don't seem to have anything that I want there except that cheapy trolling motor my friend wants for his little aluminum boat.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]He are two links.

[url "http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2153038&amp;amp;amp;cat=4468&amp;amp;amp;type=21&amp;amp;amp;dept=3944&amp;amp;amp;path=0%3A3944%3A3959%3A4468"]Digital Binoculars [/url] $64.22

[url "http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=3959&amp;amp;amp;dept=3944&amp;amp;amp;product_id=2408794&amp;amp;amp;path=0%3A3944%3A3959%3A124473"]Digital Binoculars [/url] $69.23[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks Sir Jr.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]I am thinking about getting one myself. Paul can you post some more photos from the one you have. [/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool] The one I bought is the Magpix B350. I found it in the photo dept at my local Wallmart. I hope that helps you.
[signature]