Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coosa river catfishing report(pic heavy)
Dont know where I left off havent been on in about a month but ill just post the last 10 days. The bite has been great. These are the last 3 trips. All were drift fishing in 20-35 ft of water seems to be the ticket. I had a 20-25 fish trip with a client(brian) that caught his personal best blue(20lb) and channel (12lb). Had a couple doubles and the bite was best about 7am. Then I got out last sunday by myself for a 12 hour night trip. 8pm-8am. Caught 35-40 blues and channels and could have had alot more if somebody was with me. Got a 25 lb 8oz blue and a 23lb blue. Went threw a school of 20lb+ fish that were slamming my rod at the same times and wish I had somebody with me. This past weds morning I did a trip with Zach. In 5-6 hours we caught 25-30 cats and they were schooling up. This was a great trip for small ones in numbers. Had a triple a few doubles and some of those could have been quads if more hands were on the boat. While I was netting one we had a monster slam my rod that hit like a freight train. You never know how big they are until you get them hooked up and we didnt, but hit like a 50lber. Using 4 shad 5'' long on each hook. 4 ft off the bottom drifting bends. Water temp is around 80-82 degrees but this rain will drop it a degree or two. Im foing to be off the water for the next week. Tight lines till then
[signature]
please remember any cat over 10 lbs please release. It takes along time for it to get big to be a trophy. Plus on the coosa your not supposed to eat them because they are not healthy to eat. Read your state regulations to see how many times a week/month/year your allowed to eat fish of different species. Some waters are more polluted and the bigger fish have been exposed to the elements.
[signature]