Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek 9-9-12
Sunday, arived at the boat ramp at 4:45 am. temp was 42 according to the truck. holy cold. my buddy and I wore everything we had to wear. we even thought about wraping up in the boat covers to stay warm but we managed without. Fished for eyes and did ok. Managed a good mess of fish. Another boat joined us and tied up to us about 10 and we trolled until like 4. Not 1 trout for us. We stunk it up for trout today. Hard to believe that we had better luck catching eyes than we did catching trout. There was about 10 boats which all looked to be anchored up by the river inlet area in a little tight group and I am assuming they were catching trout. Cheers
[signature]
Nice catch! However that last picture, I don't care how far you hold that out....still little...LOL Maybe even a one hander[Wink]
[signature]
Haven't seen you post for awhile, great looking mess of fish and not a slimer in the bunch[:p] Congrats.
[signature]
here is the funny second picture that goes with the tiny fish picture that I held way out there. It was intended to be a 2 picture story but the second pictuce was really blury but here it is anyways. yes my crawler was almost as long as the fish. pretty funny.
[signature]
CUTE! LOL All I can say, an "A" for effort.
Thanks for posting a great trip.

I do want to say, this is the ONLY forum where people have to click to look at each picture. Maybe BFT can fix this some day.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]I do want to say, this is the ONLY forum where people have to click to look at each picture. Maybe BFT can fix this some day.[/quote]

Photobucket will take care of that.

[Image: yuba1.jpg]

[Image: yuba.jpg]

Fast and easy. [Smile]
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
True as long as you leave your Photobucket as it is. Move any pictures there and you get little red X's here...LOL
[signature]
That's true. I set up an album that is just for posting on the fourms and leave all of the pictures alone. Then I can move or edit the photos in my main folders as i see fit.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Seen you there (Black Chev Truck?), I was right after you but at 5:45. We were at the inlet for the Trout. Had our lines break 3 times, not sure why really with 10 pound test and less Drag. Nice bunch of Fish you have there.
[signature]
yep that was us in the black chevy. how many trout did you guys catch? Bait? power bait?
[signature]
Looks you got an illegal kitty. Thats good you killed that mud F*****. Was the kitty still fat because last time I caught one of them they still have tons of eggs and its not going to be good for deer creek.
[signature]
We actually caught 2 and killed them both. I threw them away. And I did not cut them open. I dont care to eat them and the reg says you Must not release.
[signature]
nice fish there sotally tober, wish i could have made it up there.

next sunday for sure though.
good report
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report. Looks like you made the right choice for a place to go.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sounds like cooler temps are on the way. Did you get a water temp reading by any chance?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
We caught our limit which was 8. but we had to work for them. And about 6 more got away, they fight so hard. Nothing over 18" though.
Ya we were using Power Bait, Had My Sisters Grandson with me. I haven't Trolled for the Last two weeks because he gets two bored, Ha Ha but I'm really Missing the Trolling.
[signature]
I should have figured it was you wake board and down riggers I talked to you on the lake I was in the Aquasport catching bows it was tough trolling but still takers need to get flight control for the kite surfers they are a pain in the basss if ya know what i mean
[signature]
ya those mudders sink like no other gosh i have caught 7+ of them this year. Do you remember if they still were fat with eggs?
[signature]
To TD, the water temp was I want to say like 67 at about 10 and by noon or one the other boat we were tied to was saying the water temp was then at 69. My wife in my boat and the others in the other boat(not big into fishing that is) were all talking about the Magic water temp at 69. It called for some loud music and I drank to that. hope this helps. I am hoping to get back up there a time or 2 this friday, saturday and sunday. I know that I am not staying for 13 hours this time. trout were not friendly to us. I will go fish for eyes and perch. we did manage to keep about 8 or 10 nice big perch too. We probally caught 30 perch but most were dinks. Went through 7 or 8 dozen crawlers from them itty bitty worm stealing perch. Cheers
[signature]
back to flyfishinglover, I did not really not pay that much attention to the catfish. I want to say they were fat but not like a balloon. My buddy caught the bigger of the 2 and he thought we had another eye on so we were pissed when we say a cat. I caught the second one buy I was running the electric, fishing 2 rods, had a drink in one hand so I made my buddy takle the cat I caught off. Cheers
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks. I'll be hittin' it more often in the tube now that the "silly season" is winding down. When the water temps get low enough for the fishies to be more comfortable the wimpy power squadron types tend to stay home more.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As soon as the high temp stays below about 60 - 65 I'll put my waders back on and get serious about the fishin'.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Only problem is it is about time for DWR to dump in their annual 50,000 plus "finless Freddies" and all the happy harvesters will be dragging pop gear around behind their tin boats and pontoons...just pretending I am not there as they run right over me. The big wallies in the lake are probably licking their toothy chops as they await the annual feeding of soft and tender troutskis. [/#0000ff]
[signature]