Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deciding on new fishing setup..
Hey I have been fishing for awhile now but just with a spinning rod.. after this i am wanting to get into using a bait casting setup.. i would probably spend around 200 dollars on the setup. How good are abu garcia rods? Warranty? I was looking into getting a abu garcia revo sx as the reel and am not sure about the rod maybe a shimano or an abu garcia.

Any help or opions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Russ
[signature]
That sounds like a good setup but it likely depends on what you are fishng for. Bass, trout, tiger muskie or something else?
[signature]
Finally, somebody willing to dish out a few bucks for a good setup [Wink]. I don't have any Revo reels but the sx has been getting great reviews, good enough that I've pondered getting one. I like the Quantum Energy PT reels, they come in different speeds. A 5:1 is good for cranks and puts less strain on the wrist, 6:1, 6:3, is good for all around stuff and is what most of mine are. 7:1 is a burner and good for shallow cranks or anything that doesn't drag water.
I've got an Abu Vendetta rod that I got a screamin' deal on and it's been a very good rod. The only thing I don't like about it is the collar that locks down the reel but it's the way I palm the reel that it wears on my finger. I REALLY like Powell rods, send me a pm and I can get you a good deal on one if interested. I'm going to be ordering some soon.
What kind of fishing do you plan on doing?
[signature]