Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
39 antlerless muzzleloader...got one
Well my 43 bow hunt was all burnt up so i changed my tag to 39 muzzleloader. I called in a couple of monster bulls but could not find anlterless untill yesterday. I was chasing a big bull to get in front and hopefully see a cow. before i got to where i was hoping the heard was a heard a cow mew bihind me. I was cow calling while running to get in front of the heard. I stopped and sat down once i heard the branches break and this little tender feller came out 40 yards and i pulled the trigger. It went 40 yards and stopped and hunched down for about a minute and then the monster 6X7 came up still buggling. He nuged it to move it and stayed about 30 yards from me looking and buggling. mine went about another 30 yards and expired. First elk with a muzzleloader. Now getting ready for my deer hunt and my daughters elk hunt.
[signature]
cool congrats!
[signature]
Nice eatin there, congrats!
[signature]
Congrads on the kill
Nice job.Congrats.
[signature]
sweet man. thanks for posting pictures. it looks like you smoked her. congrats again
[signature]
[quote fish-o-holic]Well my 43 bow hunt was all burnt up so i changed my tag to 39 muzzleloader. I called in a couple of monster bulls but could not find anlterless untill yesterday. I was chasing a big bull to get in front and hopefully see a cow. before i got to where i was hoping the heard was a heard a cow mew bihind me. I was cow calling while running to get in front of the heard. I stopped and sat down once i heard the branches break and this little tender feller came out 40 yards and i pulled the trigger. It went 40 yards and stopped and hunched down for about a minute and then the monster 6X7 came up still buggling. He nuged it to move it and stayed about 30 yards from me looking and buggling. mine went about another 30 yards and expired. First elk with a muzzleloader. Now getting ready for my deer hunt and my daughters elk hunt.[/quote]

congrats! I have a good chili recipe if you want to try it...[Smile]
[signature]
i thought i had one of the best recipes but i could always try another. Thanks
[signature]
Nice job. Way to go.
[signature]