Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
always check your line
with the heat and rough bottom and hard fighting fish,checking your line is always inportant.first check anytime you hang up or after a rough fight .
[signature]
I couldnt agree with ya more on this one,

I go ya one better on this issue, I most always cut a foot or so off the end and re-tie my rigging before starting the day and after any big fish or after I snag on to the bottom of the lake especialy.

even on the little fish after so many catches this becomes nessasary also. them gills have teeth on them if you look real close. tiny that they may be, when you get 20-25 gills biteing on the not on your hook it realy tears up the line. I cant begain to tell you how many fish I have lost because I did not catch them gills tearing up my hook knot.

the fact of the matter is the line is cheep, where as you hooks sinkers and leaders are not. I couldnt tell you how many times I have gone out with just only one hook and sinker.

I think it is a good idea to at least look at your rigging after every catch to evaluate whether or not it can handle one more fish. if it is iffy change it. it should always look like new if you want to be sure of a good hookup.
[signature]
i'm always checking my line any little snag can cost you your favorite lure on your next fish if your line is nicked of course i just bought 12,100 yards ( yes 12,100 yards not a typo ) 0f 4# test for 5 bucks !!!! and 2,600 of 12# test for 6 bucks so i can now afford to change it if i need to LOL
[signature]
me I fill the spool and respool the spair spools even if I dont use them. then cut of the end all summer long I seldom have less than 2/3 of a spool at the end of the summer.

where I loose most of my line is when I am fishing at night. I dont pay close attention when casting with my open spinning reel, once in a while I knot it up and have to cut it to get past all the snarals. genneraly resulting in loosing 20 yards of a the 120 on my spool.
[signature]
i mainly use bait casters so line twist is not a issue most of the time when i do use my spinning reels i lose so much line to snarls i use it once and have to put more line on for the next trip i'm always cussing every time i use spinning gear i guess its the nature of the beast
[signature]
let me guess, you use the same line on your spin cast as you use on our bait casters.

are you using maxim? or a similar product?

there are several brands maxim being one that dose not work at all on a spin caster. I have tryed it, it just unravels it self right off the end of an open face spool.
[signature]
sometime i use the same brand just different # test i use 4 and 6# on my spinning reels for trout and bass on my bait casters 8# and up usually stren low vis green this big spool of 4# i bought is shakespear outcast it seems to do pretty good on my spinning reel
[signature]
rememeber when your hot so is your line and it takes a lot out of your line.
[signature]