Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st time at the berry!!!
I was about to go to utah lake today but talked into my dad to go with me to strawberry so we did. I was fly fishing all day and my dad was using his lovely bait. We got up there after 10:30 am ish. Just in 10 min from launching in my float tube i caught a nice 20 inch cutty but Sadly had to release it [Sad]. 30-40 min later had some more bites but no hook. After not catching anything and the stupid small rain and wind storm went to my dad and he caught a nice 19 in fat bow. I launch by him and looky here in matter of minutes caught a 16 in cutty then trolled around a little more 16 in bow. Had tons of fish on but Sadly got off. Later I caught a 21 cutty but Sadly it didnt like camera time as well it was Sad that i was so close to be able to keep a cutty. Around 2pm wind and rain dumping and fishing slowed down but manage some nice fish tugs but got unhooked. At least I had a great time for a first timer at the berry. I feel ashamed that its only 1 hr 30min from my house and this was my first time. Next year when the ice is off say hello to FFL.

Im sure that 21 cutty was really 21.999999999999999999999999.

http://s1055.photobucket.com/albums/s520...957845.jpg
[signature]
Dude strawberry is awesome you need to get out thier this fall when the fishing picks up, had some awesome days last year out thier, this wil be my first fall out thier with the fly rod should be epic!
[signature]
Ya man it was amazing it just made me mad that fish got unhooked or the size is to small for the slot limit. For sure bring a toon or float tube.
[signature]
Nice FFL. The berry treated you well enough for a 1st time. So when are you guys getting the boat ready for that trip your dad was talking about with us? The 2 of us are willing to go!
[signature]
Strawberry is great! We oughta all plan a trip up there one Saturday... Nice post and good job!
[signature]
Ha ha ha ha ya we became lazy to fix the boat. I might head up there Sunday if there's no storm coming.
[signature]