Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Wilson, Feb 19
Made a trip to Lake Wilson yesterday in hopes of curing my spring fever. The lake had iced back up from the last time I was there, with more ice than open water. The lucas park area appeared to be open so I ventured to that side of the lake soon finding a large snow drift blocking my path, it didn't look so large until I became stuck in it. With several attempts I managed to get free and proceeded with more caution than before. I did find a place off lucus point to fish. With the sun in my face and the slight wind at my back I fished for several hours only to get two small bites. Fishless days are certainly not my favorite but while I was fishing I enjoyed the company of a flock of mallards, several gulls looking for an easy meal, the quail whistling there tune all around me, and a family of coyotes singing there song in the distance! Other than the wildlife I had the whole lake to myself, I enjoyed the solitude, the warm spring day, and just being alive! Who says fishing is just about catching fish?<br><br><br>