Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek Fishing
What a great day to fish Soldier Creek with my dad and son today. We arrived in the morning to find it totally fogged in. My son said it was the coolest thing ever. Got to admit it was kind of cool. We headed out and the fishing was a little slow at first but then it picked up and we managed to catch a dozen fish and lost a dozen more in the 4 hours we were there. We were fishing from the surface down to 30 feet. Tolling with flashers and squids,rapalas and spinners. The surprise of the day was a kokanee that was still silver. I didn't know you could still catch them. I thought they had all turned red and spawned. The weather was perfect and the lake was calm. There were a lot of other boats out there also enjoying the perfect fall weather.
[signature]
Almost went myself. Thanks for the report. Do you have any pictures of the Koke?
[signature]
Flygodess, we are going t o the berry and want to try flies for a change. What would you recommend? We will be in a boat, but need to purchase some bugs. Names or pictures would be great.. thanks.....
[signature]
I didnt take a picture of it. It was only about 12" long and I wanted to get it back in the water. It was a kokanee for sure.
[signature]
Awesome! I wasn't sure if they were on the Soldier Creek side.[Smile] Next week maybe.
[signature]
Nice job on the Kokanee! Foggy mornings on the water are great! Great report!
[signature]
Only the kokanee that are old enough to spawn turn red. There should be at least 3 age classes of kokanee that aren't ready yet.
[signature]
Priceless photo of grandfather and grandson! Used to do that on the strawberry side with my dad and son. Do it as often as you can.
Thanks for the information on the kokanee.[Smile]
[signature]