Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your states biggest icefishing event?
What is your states biggest anual icefishing event?

and when is it normaly held?
[signature]
Not sure what the event is but I'm certain it's sometime while it's safe to be on the ice. [Tongue][Tongue]
[signature]
if you find out what it is I would like to hear about it.

safe ice in your arean that about 9 mounths out of the year right?
[signature]
[cool] WE HAVE TWO BIG ONES AND ALOT OF SMALLER ONES ! BRAINARD,MN (GULL LAKE) I THINK IS THE BIGGEST , WITH AROUND 12,000 PEOPLE. THEN FORREST LAKE,S , DOWN BY THE TWIN CITIES , HAS ONE ALITTLE BIT SMALLER ! THEIR HELD SOMETIME IN JANUARY , WHEN THE ICE IS THICK ENOUGH!!

>
[signature]
[size 1]If I am not mistaken, I think that the BRAINARD EVENT is put on by the local Jaycees and is the biggest ice fishing event nation wide.[/size]

[size 1]Tipup town in michigan (name of the event in january) runs two weekends was giving the BRAINARD EVENT a run for the money for several years about 10 years back. the recent lack of safe ice in january has put a damper on tipup town the in the past few years. Tipup Town runs for two weekends and has a giant perade snowmobile races and all sorts of events. they even have a winter carinval with rides. (dont put your toung on the sway bar[Tongue] the frost on the bars just arent that taisty) [/size]

[size 1]hoppin for good ice. I would like to hit tipup town one more time before moving to tenn.[/size]
[signature]
What's the Forest Lake event like? You gonna be there? I'd love to just go check it out. Keep me updated as to when it's gonna be!
[signature]
[cool] I'll get the info and post it later, I know its not till the end of Jan or the first of Feb

[signature]
dave dont forget about perch vill in tawas ...i dont know if its any bigger then tip up town or not but its a big time thing
[signature]
It would have to be the Houghton Lake area "Tip UP Town" extravaganza in Michigan, held I believe, on two weekends in February.

There are other contests to enter throughout the state, but none as popular as this one.

callie
[signature]
[Wink] HERE IS THE ADDRESS TO THE BRAINARD ICE FISHING CONTEST

[url "http://www.fishandgame.com/icebr/info.htm"]http://www.fishandgame.com/icebr/info.htm[/url]

[signature]
Thanks Flagman! I'll hafta check it out later. It's bedtime already. [:/]
[signature]
[cool] HERES FOREST LAKES ADDRESS !!

[url "http://www.forestlakeicefish.com/"]http://www.forestlakeicefish.com/[/url]

[signature]
Thanks Flagman! You're a great moderator! I'd say better than Lonehunter! But not quite up there with Mr Clown.
[signature]
We have a number of ice tournaments. Lake George has a nice one during their winter fest. I will have to do some research about the biggest one. We have two local contest with a lot of children participants but with adult prizes as well. One is held on Glass Lake sponsored by Bailey Mountain hunting and fishing Club. Another is held at the Grafton State park But I don't know who sponsors it. I'll be back with more when I find out. Chief
[signature]
[Image: ImgLibrary_0001.jpg][center][font "Arial"][size 6][size 5]Brainerd Jaycees 2004[/size]
[size 3]$150,000 Ice Fishing Extravaganza [/size]
[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 4]January 17, 2004
[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]From 12:00 to 3:00
On Gull Lake- Brainerd, Minnesota[/size][/font][/center]

[font "Arial"][#000000][size 2]Ice fishing's largest prize package will be up for grabs as thousands of anglers take to the ice for a day of fun with family and friends. With well over $150,000 in cash and prizes, this event is a can't miss affair! All proceeds are donated to Confidence Learning Center and other local charities. [/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#000000][size 2]More than one million dollars raised for charities over the past few years. 100% of Extravaganza proceeds donated to charities each year. [/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#000000][size 2]On Ice Tour Olympics. Come take part in family fishing fun for all ages! Youth anglers are invited to show off their fishing skills from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. while learning all about the marine/aquatic life below the ice. Medals will be awarded to each group after the Extravaganza so please come and join us for the event the whole family will enjoy! [/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#000000][size 2]Brainerd Jaycees
PO BOX 523
Brainerd MN 56401
1-800-950-9461[/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]