Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell 9-22 to 30
Just returned from a great week at Lake Powell. We went with three other boats from the Gorge including Art Pierce from Kokanee Creek Tackle. We launched at Bullfrog on Sat. and went South to the Rincon area for a few days. Weather was good over all, one day of wind and one night of rain. Water temp was 76 - 78, great for swimming. The fishing was very good for large and small mouth, we seen some boils but were never quick enough to get to them before they ended. When we got low on fuel and ice we went back to Hall's and replenished then went North to Good hope Bay. The fishing was even better up there, even caught a few strippers from a boil at camp. Most of the bass were caught early in the morning on top water plugs and later in the day with shad rap rappals and silver grubs fished on rocky points. The overall quality of the fish is the best I have seen in years, even the strippers are healthy looking.
[signature]
Looks like you had a fun trip, as well as beautiful weather for the most part. Those were some dandy blue gill.[fishin]
[signature]
From the variety of fish, it looks like a great trip, the only thing missing are some walleye[Wink]. Thanks for the report and pics Gary.
[signature]
I only caught one walleye and it wasn't picture worthy. Some of the other guys caught catfish in the evenings with pieces of anchovies, but we never got any pictures of them.
[signature]
Hi Gary,

Art told me you had a great trip and now you have the pictures to prove it.
If you have time, head to Starvy. The water is way low but the perch fishing is amazing if you are willing to wade through a bunch of smaller ones to get the big guys.

Take care, Shane
[signature]
Nothing beats a healthy looking stripper ! [Wink]
[signature]