Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new guy from NYC
Hey guys. I just moved to NYC a few months and fishing is very different here, so im looking for suggestions on rod/reels. I have done some fishing in the bay on boats catching some decent sized 28" striped bass, blues, porgies, seabass, and some other weird lookin fish im not familiar with.

ON the boats, we are using conventional reels and just letting the weight and bait go with the current, but im wanting to get a spinning real when I go off a jetty or a small inflatable boat, not far out. I go out of Sheepshead bay, Craptree, and some other places in NY if anyone is familiar with the area.

My question is: What reel/rod combo would be good for? Im not looking to spend a lot. I was thinking about this from ebay, but it was just the first thing that came up. Would that combo/size be suitable for the type of fishing im doing in the bay? Or would I want something a bit lighter/bigger? Ive really just done ocean fishing back in California, so this is a whole new ball game, and im kind of newb when it comes to bay fishing with spinning reels. Thanks guys.

OKUMA DIEZEL spinning combo

MODEL# DZ-S-802-65 ***ROD***

8 foot Length

Two piece rod

Medium Heavy Power

6 Guides plus tip

Line rating: 12 - 25 lb test

Lure weight: 3/4 - 2 ounce

MODEL #DZ-65 spinning ***REEL***

Line Capacity 310 yds. / 15 lb. test

Gear Ratio: 4.5:1

Instant Anti-Reverse